Burdock root is one of the simplest yet effective natural hair care products. At the same time, positive changes will be noticeable very soon. Thanks to the use of natural natural remedies, you can significantly improve the condition of your hair yourself at home and not spend money on expensive cosmetics.
Recently, medicinal plants have become increasingly popular, which are recommended for the treatment of various hair and scalp problems. thanks to the use of burdock root, hair returns not only beauty, but also health.
Benefits of burdock root for hair
Burdock or burdock is a fairly common plant that grows in almost any area and does not require any special care. As a rule, the plant belongs to weeds, but few people know that it has a lot of beneficial qualities and contains a huge amount of nutrients and oils that can quickly cure and restore dull and weak hair.
For hair treatment, you can use burdock root in its pure form, as well as make various tinctures, decoctions, juices, ointments, creams and oils.
The beneficial properties of burdock root are due precisely to its unique chemical composition. That is why, after rinsing your hair with burdock root, you can forever forget about expensive cosmetics, which do not always give the desired result.
Individual substances contained in burdock root have a complex effect, allowing for a complete and effective health improvement course. As a result, hair becomes stronger, healthier, shiny and silky.
Burdock root can be an indispensable aid in maintaining the beauty and health of your hair:
- The plant contains a large amount of valuable vitamins D, E, C, including group B.
- The main component of the plant, inulin, is a polysaccharide, which is contained in a fairly large amount in the root. This substance contributes to the appearance of a glossy shine in the hair. After several uses of the decoction or masks with burdock root, the strands become soft, silky and smooth.
- Burdock root contains a large amount of essential oils that have a calming effect. To get rid of dandruff and unpleasant itching, it is enough to carry out just a few rinses with a decoction of burdock root. Burdock root contains essential oils that help relieve irritation from the scalp and itching after an insect bite. It is useful to use burdock root when diagnosing head lice, as it helps prevent the development of scabs.
- The composition of burdock root contains fatty acids (stearic, palmitic), which effectively strengthens the hair. As a result of exposure to acids, a thin protective film appears on the surface of the hair, preventing the negative influence of environmental factors. Also, the film retains moisture inside the hair.
- Burdock root contains a valuable protein that is part of the hair and helps to speed up the process of hair regeneration. That is why it is recommended to use a variety of decoctions from burdock root with frequent dyeing, since this procedure causes serious damage to the hair.
- This plant helps to accelerate hair growth and prevents hair loss, because it contains a large amount of tannins. If you combine a tincture of burdock root with burdock oil during rinsing, the hair follicles are strengthened and their loss is minimized. In case of severe hair loss, trichologists recommend using burdock root.
- Burdock contains stigmasterol, which promotes faster recovery and regeneration of injured cells. Therefore, burdock root helps to get rid of such an unpleasant problem as split ends.
Indications for using burdock root for hair care
Products based on burdock root help to get rid of various problems associated with the condition of the scalp and hair:
- Infusions and decoctions of burdock are shown to restore brittle and weakened hair.
- Burdock root helps restore shine and natural shine to hair.
- Helps get rid of the problem of increased oily scalp.
- Burdock root contains a wide variety of nutrients that help to get rid of brittle and split ends.
- Such products are useful for repairing severely injured and weak hair, which is often negatively affected by environmental factors, constant dyeing and the use of stylers.
- One of the most important qualities of burdock root is that it helps stop hair loss and accelerate hair growth.
- In case of increased dryness of hair, it is recommended to regularly use products based on burdock root. The composition of this plant includes special substances that envelop each hair with a protective layer and provide active moisture.
Contraindications to the use of burdock root for hair
Like any other plant, burdock root brings not only benefits, but also harm. That is why, before using it, you need to know about the existing contraindications:
- It is forbidden to use burdock root if there is an individual intolerance to the plant, otherwise serious negative consequences may appear.
- It is not recommended to use burdock root in case of excessive oily hair.
- Burdock root products are prohibited in the event of an allergic reaction. Before using this plant, a sensitivity test is required.
How to prepare hair products from burdock root?
Both fresh and dried burdock root can be used to treat hair in a wide variety of ways. For example, most often decoctions, infusions, masks and juices are prepared from raw materials, which are then applied to the hair. However, it is not recommended to harvest burdock root in large quantities, as it loses its beneficial properties as a result of long-term storage.
Infusion of burdock root for hair
This product is the easiest to prepare and is used to rinse your hair after each wash:
- For the preparation of the infusion, you can use both fresh and dried burdock root.
- You need to make the infusion for single use.
- Take 2 tbsp. l. pre-chopped burdock root and poured 1 tbsp. boiling water.
- The container is covered with a lid and left for half an hour to brew well.
- Hair is washed with any shampoo, and then rinsed with warm infusion, which must be pre-filtered.
- The finished tincture can be rubbed into the hair or scalp.
Burdock root decoction for hair
- To prepare the broth, 2 tbsp is taken. l. dry and chopped burdock root and pour 500 ml of boiling water.
- The volume of water may vary depending on the length of the hair, but the amount of liquid should not exceed 1000 ml.
- The components are thoroughly mixed and the mixture is placed in a water bath.
- The composition is boiled over a minimum heat for 15-18 minutes.
- Then the container is covered with a lid and left for about half an hour to brew well.
- The finished broth is filtered and boiled water is added until the initial volume is obtained.
- The product should be used instead of a rinse aid after each shampooing.
The decoction is recommended for the restoration of damaged and weakened hair, as well as for the problem of severe hair loss.
Burdock root juice for hair care
- Squeezing juice from burdock root is quite problematic, but the finished product is worth the effort.
- To prepare this product, you need to take only fresh burdock roots.
- First, the roots are washed with cold water and dried a little.
- Using a grater or meat grinder, the roots are crushed.
- Grated burdock root is wrung out through cheesecloth.
- The resulting juice can be used in its pure form, since in this case all useful substances are preserved in its composition.
- It is an excellent treatment for weakened and damaged hair.
- You can also dilute the juice with boiled water and store it in the refrigerator.
You can prepare a solution of juice from burdock root and alcohol - the components are mixed in equal amounts. You can also store this product in the refrigerator.
After rinsing the hair with burdock root juice, it is not necessary to additionally rinse it off with clean water. This product can be rubbed into scalp and hair to nourish, strengthen and heal weakened and injured strands.
Burdock root oil
- Burdock root oil can be applied neat and rubbed directly into the scalp or hair.
- After a while, the strands must be thoroughly rinsed with warm water.
Such oil can be easily prepared by yourself at home:
- burdock root is peeled and crushed;
- a decoction is prepared from raw materials;
- oil is added to the finished broth (you can use olive, lavender, vegetable, basil, etc.).
Burdock root cream for hair
- At the heart of the burdock root cream is a decoction.
- To prepare the broth, you need to take a pre-chopped burdock root (3 tbsp. L.), Place in a deep container and pour boiled water (300 ml).
- The mixture is brought to a boil and cooked for 15-18 minutes.
- The container is removed from the heat and covered with a lid, infused for 15 minutes.
- The broth must be filtered through cheesecloth folded in several layers.
- Sea buckthorn oil (5 tablespoons) is added to the broth and beaten well.
- You can additionally introduce butter at room temperature (1 tablespoon) - this is useful for caring for dry hair.
- The finished cream is applied to the hair, after which the head is wrapped on top with a layer of polyethylene and a warm towel.
- After 15-18 minutes, the cream is washed off with warm water and shampoo.
Such a cream is an excellent remedy for restoring dry hair - thanks to its regular use, the strands become soft, smooth, silky, and the natural shine and shine return.
Burdock root ointment for hair care
This product is ideal for the care and restoration of dry hair:
- You need to take pre-chopped burdock root (3 tbsp. L.) And pour water (100 ml).
- The container is placed on low heat and the mixture is brought to a boil.
- The composition is boiled until half of the initial volume remains.
- The broth is filtered through cheesecloth.
- Pork fat (5 tablespoons) is added and the mixture is placed in a water bath, on which it is heated for several hours.
- After 2-3 hours, the mixture is removed from the stove and left until it cools down.
- It is useful to apply the finished ointment to the hair several times a week.
This product helps to strengthen and restore hair, get rid of dandruff, it has a stimulating effect on the hair growth process.
Burdock root is an excellent folk remedy for the treatment and restoration of hair. After just a few procedures, you can get beautiful, well-groomed, healthy, silky and smooth hair.
For more on how to use burdock root for hair, see below: