A nutritious, versatile side dish for the everyday table - rice with pork in a frying pan at home. Step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
We suggest cooking rice in a pan, which is complemented by fried pork pieces and chopped vegetables. As you know, rice goes well with meat products. Speaking of such a combination as meat and rice, the popular pilaf is immediately presented. By the way, the principle of cooking the proposed dish is very similar to the technology of cooking pilaf. But in my case, the implementation of the dish is much faster, it uses less spices and seasonings that are characteristic of pilaf. Even an amateur can handle the step-by-step recipe presented below. Therefore, this recipe will definitely be appreciated by all hostesses who do not have enough time to cook. Since there is nothing complicated here, the rice with pork in a frying pan turns out to be tasty, satisfying and aromatic. However, despite the simplicity of the dish, there are a couple of tricks here that I will introduce you to.
This hearty and appetizing meal is perfect for an everyday family lunch or dinner for all family members. It is best served warm with a light vegetable salad, vegetables and slices of white bread. It should be noted that the main ingredient of our food is rice, an extremely necessary and healthy food product for us. This cereal must be included in your diet. In addition, rice is considered a dietary ingredient with a number of beneficial properties.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 292 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 1 hour
- Pork - 300 g
- Carrots - 1 pc. (medium size)
- Ground black pepper - pinch or to taste
- Saffron flower leaves - 0.5 tsp
- Rice - 150 g
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Sweet ground paprika - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
Cooking rice with pork in a pan step by step:
1. For cooking, use a large, deep skillet with high sides and a thick bottom. Even a cauldron will do. Place it on the stove and heat it well. Pour in vegetable oil and heat to hot temperature. Still delicious rice with meat is obtained, cooked in vegetable (cottonseed, sesame) oil or fat tail fat.
The meat must be chilled. If it's in the freezer, remove it beforehand so it thaws at room temperature. Then wash the meat under running water and dry with a paper towel. Remove excess grease and remove excess films. Transfer it to a cutting surface and cut it into medium sized pieces. Send the meat to a preheated skillet with oil. Lay it out in one layer so that the pieces lie a little apart from each other. Then they will be fried, not stewed. Fast-fried meat keeps all the juices inside the chunks.
I have pork ribs in my recipe, but you can take any other parts of the carcass: shoulder, brisket or back. Also, besides pork, you can use any other meat. But then keep in mind that the cooking time, taste and calorie content of the dish will change. Beef takes longer to cook than pork and less chicken or turkey.
2. Peel, wash and cut the carrots into cubes about 7 mm thick. Or cut it into half rings of the same thickness. Send the carrots to the meat pan and fry everything together for literally 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
If desired, you can immediately attach onion slices to the carrots. To do this, peel and chop the onions in medium slices.
3. Season the meat with salt, black pepper, sweet paprika and saffron leaves. If you wish, you can add any other spices to taste.Whole grains of cumin (cumin), ground dried garlic, turmeric, saffron, barberry, hot red pepper (fresh or dry, ground) are well suited here. You can also buy a ready-made mixture of pilaf spices. Additional ingredients include fruits and spices.
4. Pour drinking water into the pan so that it covers half of the food, stir and boil. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
For a variety of taste, during the stewing process, you can add chopped tomatoes, bell peppers or mushrooms to the pan.
5. In the meantime, prepare the rice. Take rice with low starchiness, transparent and strong. The grains should be of medium length, pearly and absorb water and fat well. It can be taken round, long-grain or regular. Don't use parboiled or wild rice. Place it in a sieve, place it in a deep bowl and rinse it under running water to rinse off any gluten. Change the water several times. When it is not white, but transparent, it means that the rice is ready for further cooking.
Top with rice and stir. Add the right amount of boiled water if you run out of water. Remember that you need 2 times more water by volume than rice. Season with salt and season with desired suitable ground spices. You can add some soy sauce if you like. Then the taste of the dish will be more piquant.
6. Boil the contents of the saucepan, cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to the lowest setting. Cook until the rice has absorbed all the water. This process will take you about 20 minutes. Then try it. It should be soft. Add a little more water if necessary and cook until tender. Stir cooked rice with pork in a pan and serve hot, freshly cooked.