The benefits and harms of oatmeal jelly, composition and calorie content. Various cooking methods and flavors. Features of the use of oatmeal jelly for weight loss, interesting facts.
Oatmeal jelly is an unusual dish that has long been used to heal the body, prevent various diseases, and lose weight. It has a lot of useful properties. One of the main advantages of oatmeal jelly is that it has practically no contraindications for use. It can be used as an independent dish instead of one of the main meals or as an additional dessert (depending on the recipe).
The composition and calorie content of oatmeal jelly
In the photo, oatmeal jelly
Oatmeal jelly contains the minimum amount of calories. It is easily absorbed by the digestive system and is of great benefit.
The calorie content of oatmeal jelly is 130 kcal per 100 g, of which
- Proteins - 4 g;
- Fat - 7 g;
- Carbohydrates - 12.5 g;
- Vegetable dietary fiber - 0.9 g;
- Ash - 0.9 g;
- Water - 70 g.
Homemade oatmeal jelly is very useful. It contains all vitamins, micro- and macroelements necessary for the body.
Vitamins per 100 g
- Vitamin A, carotene - 1, 2 mg;
- Vitamin B1, thiamine - 3.2 mg;
- Vitamin B2, riboflavin - 0.38 mg;
- Vitamin B3, nicotinic acid - 2, 8 mg;
- Vitamin B5, pantothenic acid - 1.7 mcg;
- Vitamin C, ascorbic acid - 0.15 μg;
- Vitamin D3, cholecalciferol - 0.65 mcg;
- Vitamin H, biotin -1, 3 mcg;
- Vitamin PP - 1, 45 mg.
Macronutrients per 100 g
- Calcium - 9 mg;
- Potassium - 215 mg;
- Magnesium - 40 mg
Microelements per 100 g
- Iron - 1.2 mcg;
- Fluorine - 0.35 mcg.
In addition to vitamins and minerals, oatmeal contains a number of essential amino acids:
See also the composition and calorie content of oat kvass.
Useful properties of oatmeal jelly
Due to its rich vitamin and mineral composition, oatmeal jelly has only a positive effect on the body. It is good for both healthy people who are losing weight and for those who have any problems with the digestive, cardiovascular and immune systems.
The benefits of oatmeal jelly:
- Coats the stomach lining… This effect is extremely important for those people who suffer from gastritis or peptic ulcer disease. It helps to reduce pain during exacerbation of these pathologies. Also, the enveloping effect allows you to use oatmeal jelly for various poisoning and digestive disorders.
- Stimulates the flow of bile… The choleretic effect of oatmeal jelly is necessary for people with a hypokinetic type of disorder of the biliary system (weakness of the gallbladder).
- Lowers cholesterol levels… This prevents the development of a disease such as atherosclerosis. If it is already there, then oatmeal jelly will improve the condition of the blood vessels.
- Stabilizes metabolism… The normalization of metabolism occurs due to the fact that oatmeal contains the correct ratio of all necessary vitamins, macro- and microelements, as well as amino acids.
- Improves skin condition… This effect is carried out due to the presence of beta-carotene and riboflavin in oat jelly, which accelerate the formation of new epidermal cells and exfoliate old ones.
- Improves vision… Improvement of vision, and especially night vision - is the merit of vitamin A in oatmeal jelly. Therefore, regular use of this dish will help prevent the development of "night blindness".
- Has a diuretic effect… The product "pulls" on itself all the excess fluid, thereby reducing the likelihood of edema formation.
- Improves the condition of the nervous system… Oatmeal jelly is rich in B vitamins, and they have a direct neuroprotective effect. Thanks to this, anxiety, nervousness, tendency to depression and insomnia are reduced.
- Stabilizes the pancreas… Homemade oatmeal jelly stimulates the secretion of pancreatic secretions, and also normalizes the level of its main hormones - insulin and glucagon. This is especially important in pancreatitis.
- Restores intestinal microflora… Oatmeal jelly is a storehouse of substances necessary for the body, in addition, it is a probiotic. Thanks to this, it populates the intestines with beneficial microorganisms. This allows you to restore the state of the gastrointestinal tract after taking antibiotics.
- Blocks the formation of cancer cells… The phytoncides in the dish prevent the proliferation of malignant cells. Thus, it is a good cancer prevention.
- Stabilizes blood pressureOatmeal jelly reduces peripheral vascular resistance, thereby reducing pressure.
- Stimulates lactation… This is especially important for breastfeeding women who have milk supply problems.
- Strengthens teeth and bones… This is due to the calcium and fluoride salts present in the product.
- Normalizes the work of the heart… This is facilitated by several elements at once - calcium, potassium and magnesium, which stabilize the heart rate.
- Stimulates the production of hemoglobin… The constant production of hemoglobin prevents the development of anemia, and also improves the general well-being of a person.
Read also about the benefits of oat bran.
Contraindications and harm of oatmeal jelly
Oatmeal jelly is one of those dishes that, even with frequent use, have practically no negative effect. However, you should not get carried away with them anyway.
The harm of oatmeal jelly is that it increases the formation of mucus in the gastrointestinal tract. Because of this, digestion can be disturbed and the process of defecation can be difficult. To prevent this from happening, along with oatmeal jelly, it is necessary to eat other dishes, thus, the diet will be varied.
The main contraindication to the use of oatmeal jelly is celiac disease - an individual intolerance to gluten (the main protein of all cereals, including oats). It is also not recommended to eat this dish in case of severe pathologies of the liver and kidneys, because its excretion from the body will be very difficult.
Note! Despite the large number of controversial opinions, pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding are not contraindications for the introduction of oatmeal jelly into the diet. On the contrary, at such a time for the body of a young mother, it will only benefit.
Oatmeal jelly recipes
Cooking oatmeal jelly is a simple process. It does not require special culinary skills and is within the power of any person.
Before cooking oatmeal jelly, you need to familiarize yourself with the general principles of its preparation
- The flakes from which you will make jelly must be real, requiring cooking. Those that do not require any heat treatment are not suitable.
- If the oats are fermented for longer than indicated in the recipe, the jelly can turn out to be very sour, and it will be difficult to eat it.
- The cake that remains during the preparation of the jelly can be reused. It can be used to make yeast-free bread, cookies or scrub.
- It may take a lot of time for the correct preparation of jelly, up to 3 days. It is necessary for the full fermentation of oats.
- If you are wondering how to make oatmeal jelly more pleasant to taste, then you can add honey, berry jam, cinnamon, a sprig of mint or fruit syrup to it.This will not affect the calorie content of the dish in any way.
Several recipes for making oatmeal jelly:
- Classical… Place the oats (300 g) along with a few pieces of stale bread (50 g) in a deep bowl and add water (1 L) to them. In this form, the ingredients should be infused for 3 days. The components must be mixed every 6 hours. After 3 days, the fermented mass must be squeezed out using gauze folded several times. The separated cake should be set aside; if desired, you can prepare something else from it. The liquid obtained during the extraction should be put on a low heat, add salt to taste and begin to boil. As soon as it thickens, we can assume that the jelly is ready.
- Quick… If it becomes necessary to cook oatmeal jelly in less than 3 days, you can use a multicooker. To do this, pour oatmeal (300 g) with water (1 l). To them you need to grate the zest from 1 lemon. All mixed ingredients must be infused for 10 hours. Then they must be squeezed out using gauze folded several times or a fine sieve immediately into the multicooker container. Set the "Baking" mode on it and cook the jelly until it thickens.
- From "Hercules"… Preparing pretty quickly. To do this, pour the flakes with milk in a 2: 1 ratio and leave to soak for 3 hours. After this time, swollen flakes must be squeezed out using gauze. The resulting liquid should be poured into a saucepan, add a little starch to it for better thickening, salt to taste and cook over low heat. Oatmeal jelly from "Hercules" will be ready when its consistency becomes thick.
- With cranberries… It is necessary to mix oatmeal (2 cups) and several pieces of dry bread in one container. Pour all this with water (1 l) and leave to ferment for a day. The next day after the appearance of the characteristic sour smell, the flakes must be filtered with a sieve or gauze 2 times, because after the first filtering, some of the flakes remain. The squeezed liquid should be cooked over low heat for 5-10 minutes until it thickens. At the end of cooking, you can add some cranberries, grated with sugar.
See also TOP-7 berry jelly recipes.
How to make Izotov's oatmeal jelly?
Izotov's oatmeal jelly has a lot of useful properties. Initially, the doctor tried it on himself. Kissel has a beneficial effect on the immune system, improves digestion, soothes, and also normalizes the work of the heart.
Step-by-step recipe for Izotov's oat jelly
- Grind oats (10 tablespoons) in a coffee grinder. At the same time, heat the water (2 l) so that its temperature is 40 ° C.
- Transfer the ground oats to a large jar and add oatmeal (300 g) to it. Pour kefir (100 ml) on top of them, and fill the remaining space with heated water. You need to leave 10 cm of free space, not reaching the edges of the jar, so that carbon dioxide is freely released during fermentation. Mix all the ingredients, close the jar and leave for 2 days.
- After 2 days, strain the fermented mixture using gauze or a sieve. Distribute the resulting liquid evenly over the smaller jars and leave them to infuse again for 18 hours.
- Further, with proper infusion, the liquid should be divided into 2 layers. The top one is oat kvass. It can be used in this form or together with jelly. The bottom layer is the sourdough that will be needed for further cooking. These 2 layers must be separated from each other by pouring the kvass into a separate bowl.
- Place the resulting oat sourdough (3-4 tablespoons) in a saucepan, add water (1 glass) to it, mix and start cooking over low heat, stirring regularly. As soon as it thickens, the jelly is ready.
- Then add a little sunflower oil (about 1 tsp) and something to taste (honey or fruit).
The use of oatmeal jelly for weight loss
Oatmeal jelly for weight loss is a very healthy dish.Weight loss is achieved due to the fact that it significantly speeds up the metabolism. Thanks to this, calories are burned faster and in greater quantities than with the usual metabolism.
Before you cook oatmeal jelly for weight loss, you need to prepare the body for the fact that this dish will need to be consumed instead of breakfast. 1 glass of jelly in the morning will help activate metabolism. Plus, it's quite satisfying. This is due to the fact that the jelly contains a sufficient amount of carbohydrates, which are enough for vital energy processes.
To achieve the desired result, sweets and salt should not be added to the jelly. Sweet foods are high in calories, and salt will retain water in the body, making weight loss much slower.