How to cook rabbit and green beans soup at home. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Secrets of cooking. Video recipe.
Today we are going to cook a very easy to prepare and delicious soup with a rabbit. The rabbit is easily absorbed by the body and is much healthier than the meat of any other animal. Therefore, the soup made from rabbit will delight not only with its taste, but also with its benefits. Traditionally, rabbit soup is boiled with potatoes or noodles, but I suggest boiling it without carbohydrates - with green beans. Due to it and the addition of carrots, the dish turns out to be bright, appetizing and with a unique color.
At the same time, the soup is hearty, despite its moderate consistency. It has a rich aroma and a pleasant sweetish taste. Such a dish can be included in the diet of both an adult and even a small child. And the housewives will love the simplicity of its preparation. Try this delicious rabbit and green bean soup for your family.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 125 kcal.
- Servings - 4-5
- Cooking time - 1 hour 45 minutes
- Rabbit meat - 300 g
- Carrots - 2 pcs.
- Green beans - 200 g
- Tomato and vegetable dressing - 1 tablespoon
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Greens (dill, parsley) - 1 bunch
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Allspice peas - 3 pcs.
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Spices and herbs to taste
How to prepare rabbit and green beans soup step by step:
1. Chop the rabbit carcass into medium pieces. Put them in a saucepan, cover with cold water and cook.
For cooking the soup, it is better to take the back of the rabbit, because it is fatter. This will give the finished broth a beautiful color and aroma, and the soup will be richer. Although the legs, the back, and the breast are also suitable for soup.
So that the rabbit broth does not have a specific smell, the meat is pre-soaked for some time in water. This can be omitted if you are using a young animal carcass. If you're making old rabbit soup, I recommend soaking it for about 6 hours. You can soak either the whole carcass or chopped pieces.
2. Boil over high heat. When the broth boils, remove the foam. Cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer the broth over low heat until tender, about 40 minutes to 1.5-2 hours. Determining the cooking time of a rabbit for soup is simple: it will take 1.5-2 hours for a whole carcass, and 40 minutes for chopped pieces.
You can lower the onion head into a saucepan with boiling broth, and after the meat is cooked, pull it out. He will already do his job and will not be needed in the soup anymore.
When the meat is tender and easy to separate from the bones, remove it from the pan. Strain the broth, and remove the rabbit meat from the bones and cut into small pieces.
3. While the broth is boiling, peel the carrots and cut into rings, half rings or sticks. Many people rub it on a grater for soup and sauté in vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes until soft. I stick to the first option.
Rinse fresh green beans, cut off the ends and cut into pieces 2-3 cm long. If you are using frozen beans, you do not need to defrost them. I have green beans, but yellow beans will do.
4. Pour the broth into a clean saucepan and return to the stove. Add tomato and vegetable dressing and stir. Instead of this dressing, you can use twisted or chopped tomatoes or regular tomato paste.
5. Next, add spices, bay leaves, allspice peas, salt and pepper. Add spices and herbs to taste. It is good to season this dish with suneli hops and ground dried vegetables. In addition to them, the bouquet may include a dozen different herbs.These include thyme, basil, oregano, leek, young garlic, rosemary, and other herbs. Tie fresh herbs with a string or put in a gauze bag. Dip in broth and cook, and when the soup is ready remove them.
6. Put prepared carrots into the soup. Boil and boil for 10 minutes.
7. Add green beans and chunks of meat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
8. At the end of cooking, season the soup with finely chopped herbs. Taste and add salt and black pepper if necessary. Remove the pan from the heat and let it sit, covered, for 15 minutes. Pour hot rabbit soup with green beans into bowls and serve with a spoonful of sour cream and garnish with fresh parsley. Such a light and tender first course with rabbit meat does not cause allergies and will give the body a lot of useful substances.