Scalding buffalo chicken wings are a feast for the stomach and fast food lovers. This is a great snack with beer and football! I suggest you cook them at home with a bright sweet-tangy taste!
- Step by step cooking
- Video recipe
Today, spicy buffalo wings are the most popular food in America. This iconic dish is in demand in local pubs and cafes. In the United States, they even invented a holiday for the wings on July 29 - "Chicken Wing Day" or Chicken Wing Day. At its core, Buffalo is classic fast food. Juicy, hot, sweetish-spicy wings are deep-fried and soaked in an aromatic creamy hot sauce. They are traditionally served with celery stalks and sour cream sauce with garlic and herbs (Ranch dips).
This food is democratic in every sense: meat is eaten only with the hands, scalding from the pungency and from hot deep fat. They are prepared quickly enough - no more than half an hour, and the finished ones are destroyed in a matter of minutes. Therefore, I recommend making more of them right away. They are served hot, and as a rule, they do not remain the next day. It is not customary to warm them up. Buffalo is traditionally deep-fried, which is not a healthy food. Therefore, many housewives replace this method by frying in a pan or baking in the oven. Without deep fat, it turns out to be amazingly tasty too!
- Caloric content per 100 g - 210 kcal.
- Servings - 2
- Cooking time - 30 minutes
- Chicken wings - 10 pcs.
- Flour - 3 tablespoons for breading
- Butter - 30 g
- Vegetable oil - for deep fat
- Cayenne pepper - 0.5 tsp
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Hot bitter pepper - 1 pc.
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce - 3 tablespoons
- Ketchup - 4 tablespoons
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
Step by step cooking buffalo wings:
1. Wash the wings and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut them along the phalanges. The outermost third phalanx is usually not used for the recipe. There is little meat and these parts often burn. Therefore, use them for cooking broth.
2. In a bowl, combine all bulk products: flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, black pepper.
3. Put the wings in a bowl of flour and stir well so that they are covered with flour on all sides. Leave them to sit for 20 minutes.
4. Heat a frying pan with vegetable oil so that it boils and sizzles. Put the wings and fry them over high heat for 3 minutes, then reduce the flame and, periodically turning over, fry until fully cooked for 15-20 minutes. The wings should be in one row so that each piece is evenly fried on all sides.
A more dietary way of cooking: put the wings on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 180 ° C for 30 minutes. Well, the classic option is to deep-fry the wings. Therefore, choose the method of heat treatment yourself, whichever you like and taste more.
5. In a small bowl, melt the butter until it becomes soft. Do not bring to a boil. Add garlic passed through a press, finely chopped hot hot peppers, tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, salt and ground black pepper to the warm oil. Mix well.
6. Put the finished wings in a bowl, pour over them with hot sauce and stir. The dish is ready to serve. Consume it immediately after preparation. But if wings remain, store them in the refrigerator for 3 days and reheat them in the microwave. The effect will not be the same, of course, but it will still be delicious.
See also a video recipe on how to cook the world's most popular Buffalo wings. The program “Everything will be fine”.