What are blackheads on the nose, the reasons for their appearance. The most effective home remedies: mechanical cleaning, peeling, plaster, masks.
Blackheads on the nose are open comedones, which are formed as a result of the mixing of sebum with dust particles, keratinized epithelial scales and makeup residues. They look unattractive, but, fortunately, are easy to remove.
What are blackheads?
In the photo there are black dots on the nose
Blackheads are the most common sebaceous plugs that appear from time to time in the pores of the face and body. Normally, these microscopic holes, which densely cover every inch of our skin, do an extremely important job. They remove excess fluid from the body, thereby helping to cool it in the summer heat. They remove decay products such as ammonia and uric acid. And they also serve as a kind of tunnels through which from the sebaceous glands located deep in the skin, fat-sebum rises to its surface, turning into a thin protective film.
Everything is fine until sebum begins to accumulate in the pores, oxidize on contact with oxygen and darken. It is here that he forms the notorious black dots, which especially often appear on the nose, cheeks and chin.
If there is too much fat, and the time is in addition clogged with particles of dust, cosmetics and keratinized scales of the epidermis, its outlet expands, and a small speck increases in size. Well, when harmful bacteria settle in the sebum, the point becomes inflamed, turning into a full-fledged comedone.
Important! It is impossible to get rid of blackheads on the nose once and for all for the simple reason that the sebaceous glands cannot stop their work, and sebum cannot stop oxidizing. But almost any person can take this process under their control.
The main causes of blackheads on the nose
There are lucky people in this world who are almost not bothered by dark specks on the nose, and there are those who are incessant struggle with comedones for almost their entire conscious life. If you belong to the second group, most likely, the causes of black dots on the nose lie in heredity - in other words, the tendency of the skin to form comedones was obtained from one of the parents along with the hair color and the shape of the nose. In this case, you will have to pay increased attention to this area all your life.
If dark comedones appeared suddenly and were not a problem before, their occurrence may be due to other reasons.
Why do black dots appear on the nose:
- lack of diligence in removing makeup;
- the use of products based on alcohol, lanolin and petroleum products;
- improper selection of a cream or tonic for skin type;
- predominance of fatty, sweet, smoked dishes in the menu;
- permanent stress;
- moving to an area with a humid hot climate;
- hormonal disorders (as an option, an excess of testosterone).
Important! If you recently started taking a new medication or made significant changes in your diet, it is possible that the appearance of points is associated with these events.
How to get rid of blackheads on your nose at home?
You can cope with comedones at home by applying masks, scrubs or a special patch. They work well both individually and in combination, but which of the listed remedies will be the best from black dots on the nose in each case, only practice will show.
Mechanical cleaning to remove blackheads
The habit of thoughtlessly crushing the black dots on the nose is quite dangerous.By following it, you risk damaging your skin, introducing bacteria into your pores, and turning a modest dark spot into a painful pimple. In addition, with too frequent cleansing, the sebaceous glands will begin to increase the production of sebum, so over time, you will have to resort to squeezing out blackheads on the nose more and more often.
On the other hand, cleaning carried out in accordance with all the rules allows you to quickly and cheaply rid your face of unpleasant spots. And if the procedure is not abused, then it will not have time to affect the work of the sebaceous glands.
What is needed for proper mechanical cleaning of the nose from blackheads:
- a saucepan or bowl of water;
- 1-2 sachets of chamomile;
- non-alcohol disinfectant - Miramistin, Chlorhexidine, peroxide;
- cotton pads;
- disposable wipes.
Important! For more safety and convenience, it is worth purchasing a special tool for working with acne. In shape, it resembles either a spoon with a hole in the center (Uno spoon), or a stick with a metal loop.
How to extrude black dots on the nose correctly:
- Take off your makeup and wash your face.
- Boil water by throwing bags of chamomile into it, and then either make a steam bath for your face, or soak a towel in a hot (but not scalding!) Broth and press it against your skin for a few minutes. This will open up your pores.
- Clean your face, hands, and tools with an antiseptic.
- If using a spoon or loop, press it against your skin, placing the hole precisely over the comedone. If you squeeze out black dots with your fingers, place them on both sides of the formation, having previously wrapped with disposable napkins. Firstly, it will make the procedure more hygienic, and secondly, it will protect your face from accidental scratches if your finger slips off.
- After completing the procedure, once again treat your face with an antiseptic.
- Wipe your skin with a piece of ice or use a soothing mask to tighten pores and reduce redness.
- For the next few hours, try to do without makeup. Better yet, choose Saturday night or Sunday morning for cleansing to give your skin plenty of time to heal.
Important! You can independently remove blackheads on the nose no more than 1 time per month.
If there are too many dark "freckles", they regularly become inflamed, and home methods are ineffective, it makes sense to think about a visit to a beautician. Manual cleaning by a professional will cost you 700-3000 rubles, but it is possible to remove black spots on the nose and other parts of the face with the help of salon procedures for a longer period and with less risks.
Blackhead stripes on the nose
To remove blackheads on your nose at home, you can use special sticky strips available from pharmacies or beauty stores. They are easy to use, atraumatic and quite effective, although they cannot cope with deep sebum deposits.
The users named the products of the following brands as the best nasal strips for blackheads:
- Holika-Holika (South Korea)… Pig-nose clear black patches contain vitamin C, pink clay, aloe vera, lemon balm and lemon extracts. Provides cleansing, tightening pores and mattifying the skin. Cost from 50 rubles. for 1 pc.
- Propeller (Russia)… Another remedy for blackheads on the nose with aloe vera, without the matting effect, but no less effective and more economical. For a set of 6 plasters, you will have to pay about 170 rubles. For 200-250 rubles. you can buy strips from the same manufacturer, but with vitamin E and salicylic acid, and for 200 - with anti-inflammatory sulfur.
- Cettua (South Korea)… The strips not only free the pores from sebum, but also tighten them after cleansing thanks to witch hazel extract. Sold at a price of 160-220 rubles. for a set of 6 pieces.
- Purederm (South Korea)… A polymer-based adhesive layer, as well as Chinese amelia, witch hazel and green tea, can both get rid of blackheads on the nose and make sure that the skin stays clean and fresh for longer, and the pores are as less noticeable as possible. The cost of a set of 6 pcs. -210 RUB
- Nivea (Germany)… T-zone strips contain fruit acids and other components that are activated when wet, spreading a subtle lemon scent around. A set of 6 patches, including stickers for the nose, forehead and chin, costs about 200 rubles.
How to apply the blackhead patch on the nose:
- Cleanse your face from makeup and accidental dirt.
- Apply a sponge and hot water to your nose to open the pores.
- Peel off the protective film from the patch to expose the sticky layer. Some strips need to be moistened with water before use.
- Apply the patch to the nose in the area of the blackheads and iron it with your fingers.
- Wait for the time indicated in the instructions.
- Pick up the edge of the patch with your fingernails and gently peel off the skin.
If everything was done correctly, the columns of sebaceous plugs will slip out of the pores along with the tear-off strip.
Nasal strips are more delicate than mechanical cleaning, so you can use them more often: depending on the condition of the skin, 1-2 times a week.
Peeling to remove blackheads on the nose
Small hard particles of peeling agents have the ability to cleanse sebum with all the debris accumulated in it from the upper part of the pore quite efficiently. The advantage of this method is its simplicity and accessibility, the minus is the superficial action, since only the heads of the sebaceous plugs will be cleaned. But as a home remedy for comedones, it definitely deserves attention.
Before removing blackheads on the nose with exfoliation, choose the product according to your skin type. If we are talking about a purchased product, just look for the appropriate inscription on the label, if for a homemade product, make sure that its ingredients meet the needs of your face. For example, clay and lemon juice are more suitable for oily skin, while oil is more suitable for dry skin.
As a rule, peels are done in courses of 10-12 procedures. Oily skin can be treated 2 times a week, dry or sensitive skin once every 10 days. After completing the course, a break is taken for 1-2 months.
The correct recipes for homemade scrubs:
- Olive oil and sugar, taken in equal proportions;
- Fatty cottage cheese (1 tbsp), fine sugar (1 tsp) and cinnamon (1 tsp);
- 1 tbsp. l. drunk coffee grounds and 1 tsp. honey;
- 1 tsp shavings of tar soap, whipped into a foam with 1 tsp. finely ground salts;
- Several tablets of activated carbon, crushed into powder and moistened with water or lemon juice.
The purpose of using charcoal for blackheads on the nose is twofold: as an absorbent, it absorbs decay products and infectious agents, and as a mechanical cleaning agent removes grease, dust and dead skin particles from the pores.
Before removing blackheads on the nose, wash well and cleanse the skin with a mild product - foam or lotion. Use steam or a hot towel to open pores if desired.
Apply the scrub to damp skin and massage gently for 1-2 minutes. Wash again with warm water. Lubricate your face with a light moisturizer or soothing cream.
Important! Do not forget that scrubs and peels with previously unused components should be checked for allergenicity before the first use.
What not to do to cleanse your face:
- Massage the nose with gruel from a pharmacy badyagi soaked in water. This is a great remedy for fighting cellulite, flaking and flabbiness, but too aggressive to use anywhere other than the abdomen and thighs.
- Make an aspirin scrub. If the use of activated charcoal differs from blackheads on the nose with safety, then this cannot be said about aspirin peeling. If you overexpose it on the skin for an extra minute, you can get peeling and even a slight burn.
- Use baking soda to remove blackheads on the nose. It will really bring cleanliness on your face, but at the same time it will disrupt the PH-balance of the skin and provoke flaking. Do you need cleansing at this cost?
Important! Never exfoliate with an old toothbrush, as some beauty bloggers advise! This is the surest way to injure the skin. Anyway, less harsh experiments, more common sense.
Nose blackhead masks
Homemade nasal masks for blackheads soften sebaceous plugs well, accelerating their removal from the skin, and if they include ingredients such as lemon juice, kefir or white clay, then they also whiten dark spots that cannot be cleansed and make them less noticeable.
The frequency of using masks from blackheads is 2 times a week for oily skin and 1 time for dry skin.
The most effective recipes:
- Kefir and salt… A mixture of 2 tbsp. l. fermented milk drink, honey, salt and aloe juice, taken in 1 tsp, are kept on the face for 10-20 minutes, after which they make a light massage of the treated area and wash off the mask.
- Egg white and citrus juice… To remove blackheads on the nose with an egg, you will need a 1 tsp. lemon juice or grapefruit protein and paper napkins. They are moistened in the resulting mixture, glued to the problem area, allowed to dry, and then removed with a quick, smooth motion.
- White clay… A spoonful of the product is diluted with warm water to a thick gruel, a little lemon juice is added and the nose is lubricated. Wash off after drying. To increase the antiseptic effect, add 1-2 drops of tea tree essential oil to the mask.
- Honey and lemon… The mixture has a rather weak effect, but it is suitable for use on sensitive skin. Prepared from lemon juice (1 tsp.), Responsible for bleaching, and honey (1 tbsp. L.), Nourishing and cleansing. Keep the mask for up to 30 minutes.
- Gelatin… Removal of blackheads on the nose occurs according to the following scheme: 15-20 g of the main component is poured with water, allowed to swell and dissolve when heated in a steam bath, then applied to the face with a brush while still warm and washed off after 20-30 minutes. Water can be replaced with milk, and vegetable and fruit juices, activated carbon powder, egg white, honey and oat flour can be mixed with the dissolved gelatin.
Note! Just like peeling, a cosmetic mask for blackheads on the nose should be appropriate for the skin type.
Rules for using masks from black dots:
- Remove makeup, wash thoroughly and steam your skin.
- Apply the mask of your choice to the face in the area requiring cleansing.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes. If the mask contains aggressive ingredients, reduce the action time to 15 minutes.
- Wash yourself with warm water.
- Apply moisturizer.
How to get rid of blackheads on the nose - watch the video: