A step-by-step recipe with a photo of homemade hodgepodge. A quick and easy nutritious meal for lunch. Selection of products, calorie content and video recipe.
Our local cuisine is very diverse, incl. and cooking hodgepodge. The variety of this soup, as in our country, can not be found anywhere else. Our housewives can cook it from anything, and there is no single recipe for this soup. Therefore, I propose the fastest and easiest way to make a hodgepodge at home.
Solyanka is a national dish of the original Russian cuisine. This first course is usually prepared without adding potatoes. The soup contains only meat and sausage ingredients in large quantities, and the more variety, the tastier the dish turns out. The addition of smoked meats to the dish is encouraged. Also, the composition usually includes pickles, tomato paste and a slice of lemon and olives for serving.
Today's hodgepodge recipe is presented in a simplified version, which uses only 4 meat products, pickles and carrots. At the same time, the dish turns out to be incredibly tasty, aromatic and mouth-watering. It will diversify your everyday dining table. It is easy and quick to prepare, and the result is amazing! Despite the fact that the first dish is cooked without potatoes, rice, cereals … it turns out to be very satisfying and nutritious.
See also how to cook fish hodgepodge.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 295 kcal.
- Servings - 4-5
- Cooking time - 1 hour 45 minutes
- Chicken hearts - 200 g
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Veal - 200 g
- Ground black pepper - 0.5 tsp or to taste
- Pickled cucumbers - 2 pcs.
- Chicken stomachs - 200 g
- Allspice peas - 4 pcs.
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Sausages - 2-3 pcs.
- Tomato juice - 150 ml
Step-by-step preparation of a quick and simple homemade hodgepodge, recipe with photo:
1. Wash chicken hearts and stomachs under running water, remove the film and remove the fat. Place them in a saucepan, cover with cold water and place on the stove. After boiling, cook the offal for half an hour until tender and soft. Season them with salt 10 minutes before cooking.
2. Remove the prepared hearts with stomachs from the broth and leave to cool.
3. Then cut them into medium-sized cubes.
4. Peel and wash carrots. Remove the wrapping film from the sausages. Cut the carrots with sausages and pickles into medium-sized cubes. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet and add food to it.
5. Fry carrots with sausages and pickles over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
6. Wash the veal, cut off the fatty film and cut into cubes.
7. Put the meat in a saucepan, fill with drinking water and boil. Bring the heat to the lowest setting and simmer the broth, covered, for 1 hour.
8. Then add the cut hearts with stomachs to the broth.
9. Next, send the fried carrots with sausages and pickles to the pan.
10. Pour the tomato juice into a saucepan. Season food with salt and black pepper. Place bay leaves and allspice peas.
11. After boiling, boil a quick and simple hodgepodge at home for 15-20 minutes. Season the soup with chopped herbs at the end of cooking, if desired. Serve the food to the table adding a slice of lemon to each plate, it will add a pleasant sourness to the dish.
See also a video recipe on how to cook a quick hodgepodge.