Want to quickly prepare a hearty meal? I recommend boiling duck soup with dumplings. Simple, fast, tasty, and very satisfying. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Nutritionists recommend including first courses in your daily menu - this is healthy and satisfying, and, quite often, delicious. There are a lot of similar recipes. These are soups, borscht, cabbage soup, okroshka, kharcho and rassolnik, and much more. But often housewives prepare meals in a familiar circle. And if you serve duck soup with dumplings for dinner? I think the family will be delighted! Prepare it, you will definitely not regret it! This is a simple and uncomplicated dish, at the same time bright and unusual, which every housewife will be able to recreate at home.
The offered dish is "two in one". Since duck broth and dumplings are cooked separately, and then combined in one plate. In this way, you can cook the broth for several days in advance and keep it in the refrigerator. And when needed, all that remains is to boil the dumplings, heat up the broth and combine everything in one plate. If there is broth in the refrigerator, such a soup can be made in literally 15 minutes. This is an easy-to-prepare first course that can be a great breakfast, especially if you don't have time to cook. Dumplings can be used, both homemade frozen and purchased, which will significantly speed up the preparation of the soup.
See also how to make mashed pea duck soup.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 272 kcal.
- Servings - 3
- Cooking time - 1 hour 45 minutes
- Duck - 300 g (any part of the carcass)
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Dumplings - 10 pcs. for 1 serving
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Allspice peas - 4 pcs.
- Ground black pepper - a large pinch
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
Step by step preparation of soup with duck and dumplings, recipe with photo:
1. Wash the duck, scrape the skin with an iron scraper, removing the black tan, remove the inner fat and chop it into medium-sized pieces. Select the parts of the soup carcass that you prefer the most. I use ridge ribs for soup.
2. Place the duck pieces into a cooking pot.
3. Fill them with drinking water, add the peeled onion and bring the broth to a boil.
4. Remove the formed foam from the surface of the broth so that the broth is transparent. Bring the heat to the lowest setting and simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Remove the onion from the pan after 15 minutes of readiness. she has already given up all the aroma, taste and benefit. Season the broth with salt and black pepper, add bay leaves and allspice peas.
5. Ready broth can be used immediately for making soup or refrigerated. When it cools in the refrigerator, fat will freeze on the surface. You can remove it with a spoon so that the soup is not very fatty.
6. When you decide to cook the soup, dip the dumplings in boiling salted water and cook until tender. The cooking time is usually indicated on the manufacturer's packaging.
7. Pour broth into a serving bowl and add a piece of meat.
8. Send the broth to the desired temperature in the microwave oven, or reheat in any other convenient way.
9. Put the boiled dumplings in a bowl of broth. Add finely chopped greens to the duck and dumplings soup, if desired. Serve the stew with croutons or croutons.
See also a video recipe on how to make soup with dumplings and herbs.