You don't have to wait a few days to enjoy pickled cabbage. There are many quick recipes for this snack. Consider some of the procurement methods and find out its features.
- Cooking pickled cabbage - general principles and rules
- Instant pickled cabbage
- Spicy pickled cabbage
- Pickled cabbage with beets
- Pickled cabbage in jars
- Video recipes
Pickled cabbage is perhaps the most beloved and popular snack of all the preparations. It is prepared in almost every family, and, as a rule, it can be consumed the next day. Now is the time to pickle it, because the heads of cabbage gained strength and all the vitamins. Therefore, the appetizer will be delicious, crispy and healthy. I propose to find out some of the most popular recipes for its preparation. But first, familiarize yourself with the secrets shared by experienced chefs.
Cooking pickled cabbage - general principles and rules
- For pickling, take juicy, tight and dense heads of cabbage, preferably autumn ones.
- The vegetable is chopped on a special grater or with a sharp knife.
- The cutting method can be strips, chunks, chunks, or quarters.
- For pickling, both white cabbage and other varieties are used: red cabbage, Beijing, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts.
- Pour the cabbage with a marinade, usually salt, sugar, vinegar and oil.
- For quick cooking, use a boiling marinade. Hot pouring will shorten the cooking time.
- Cold brine is used for long marinating. The colder it is, the longer the cabbage will be salted. At the same time, it will still remain crispy and juicy.
- After pouring, the workpiece is kept warm for a couple of hours and put away in the cold.
- Squeeze the excess marinade before use.
- Serve cabbage with butter, onions or herbs.
- Beets, carrots, garlic, onions, various herbs, spices are added to the preparation.
- The essential ingredient in the marinade is vinegar. You can replace it with apple cider vinegar. It is healthier and tastes milder.
- Various peppers, rosemary, coriander, caraway seeds, bay leaves, cloves are used as spices.
- It is better to remove the bay leaf after boiling from the marinade, because it can give bitterness.
- The workpiece is stored in the refrigerator for a whole month, while it does not lose its taste.
- I use any container for pickling: tub, pots, jars, etc.
- Dishes do not require sterilization. It is enough just to rinse it well.
Instant pickled cabbage
Quickly pickling cabbage is the dream of any housewife. For this, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and, of course, white cabbage are perfect.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 19 kcal.
- Servings - 2 kg
- Cooking time - 4 hours
- White cabbage - 2 kg
- Salt - 3 tablespoons with a slide
- Sugar - 8 tablespoons
- Bay leaf - 5 pcs.
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil - 200 ml
- Water - 1 l
- Table vinegar - 200 ml
Step by step preparation of instant pickled cabbage, recipe with photo:
- Wash and dry the cabbage. If necessary, remove the top leaves.
- Use a sharp knife to cut it into large pieces.
- Peel the carrots, wash and grate on a coarse grater.
- Peel the garlic, rinse and chop.
- Stir in the garlic and carrots.
- Put the prepared cabbage in a saucepan, sandwiching it with carrots and garlic.
- For the marinade, add salt, sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil, and bay leaves to the water.
- Bring the brine to a boil and pour over the cabbage.
- Install the oppression on top.
- Leave the cabbage for 2-3 hours. Then you can serve it to the table.
Spicy pickled cabbage
Cooking spicy pickled cabbage at home is quite simple, the main thing is to know the correct recipe. Then a light and crunchy snack will satisfy your taste buds.
- White cabbage - 2 heads
- Beets - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Hot pepper - 0.5 dry pod
- Water - 1 l
- Vegetable oil - 5 tablespoons
- Vinegar 6% - 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf - 3 pcs.
- Allspice - 6 peas
Step by step cooking of spicy pickled cabbage:
- Remove the top leaves from the cabbage. Wash the heads of cabbage, cut into four parts and cut out the cabbage stumps. Then cut the vegetable into squares.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Put chopped cabbage into a clean container, adding garlic from time to time.
- Tamp the cabbage.
- Add sugar, vegetable oil, salt, chopped hot pepper, bay leaf, allspice to the water. Also add the peeled and finely chopped beets.
- Put the brine on the fire, boil, tighten the temperature and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan to the stoves, remove the bay leaf and pour in the vinegar.
- Pour the hot marinade over the cabbage and leave to cool.
- Cover cold cabbage and refrigerate for 12 hours.
Pickled cabbage with beets
Pickled cabbage with beets is a quick and easy snack recipe. Any novice hostess can master it, even without great culinary experience.
- White cabbage - 1 kg
- Beets - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Bay leaf - 4 pcs.
- Salt - 2 tablespoons
- Sugar - 0.5 tbsp.
- Vinegar - 4 tablespoons
- Water - 1 l
Step by step cooking of pickled cabbage with beets:
- Peel the beets, rinse and cut into large cubes 0.5 cm thick.
- Free the cabbage from the top leaves, wash and chop finely.
- Fold the cabbage into clean jars and tamp it.
- Add bay leaves.
- Top with chopped garlic and beet sticks.
- For the marinade, pour water into a saucepan, add salt, sugar and boil for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour in vinegar.
- Pour the hot marinade over the cabbage and cover.
- Leave the snack at room temperature for 2 days. Then put it in the refrigerator for storage.
Pickled cabbage in jars
More than one female generation knows how to cook delicious pickled cabbage for the winter. Plus this snack: the possibility of long-term storage. At the same time, after a day in the warmth, it can be served to the table.
- White cabbage - 1 pc.
- Medium carrots - 1 pc.
- Celery seeds - 0.5 tsp
- Black peppercorns - 5 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 2-3 pcs.
- Salt - 2 tablespoons
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar 70% - 1 tsp
- Cucumber - 1 pc.
Step by step cooking of pickled cabbage in jars:
- Wash the cabbage and chop into thin strips.
- Cut the washed cucumber and carrots into thin slices.
- Put pepper, bay leaf and celery seeds in a sterile 3 liter jar.
- Spread the vegetables evenly over the jar.
- Sprinkle salt and sugar on top.
- Boil water and pour it into a jar.
- Pour in the vinegar solution.
- Roll up the jars with clean lids and place them in a warm, dark place. For example, cover with an old warm fur coat, blanket, sheepskin coat.