A wonderful light salad can be made with crispy and juicy Chinese cabbage combined with avocado and cashews. Read how to do this in a step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
In winter, sometimes you really want to be in the middle of summer, among the sun's rays! A bright and tasty salad with crispy Peking cabbage, tropical avocado and cashew nuts will help with this. It turns out to be delicate and with an exquisite cocktail of flavors. Such a salad is worthy to decorate not only everyday, but also any festive table. This simple salad tastes rich and bright, and a dressing with lemon juice and olive oil will make it healthier and prevent insidious calories from being deposited on the waist.
The main ingredient in this salad is avocado. The capricious gift of the South American continent appeared in our country relatively recently, about 20-25 years ago. However, today many have liked and firmly entered the local cuisine. Avocado is in demand due to its unusual neutral taste and unique composition. It contains a lot of protein, therefore, in terms of nutritional value, it is equated to legumes and diet meats. Moreover, it contains a lot of nutrients. The delicate pulp of avocado is not combined with all products, but in a company with Peking and nuts, this is the most popular and harmonious combination of ingredients. In addition, Chinese cabbage is indispensable for a healthy diet due to the content of vitamins and vegetable protein.
See also how to make a salad with Chinese cabbage, eggs, ham, Korean carrots, and pickles.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 198 kcal.
- Servings - 2
- Cooking time - 20 minutes
- Peking cabbage - 5 leaves
- Olive oil - for dressing
- Cashew - zhmenya
- Avocado - 1 pc.
- Salt - 0.5 tsp or to taste
- Lemon - 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Step-by-step preparation of Peking cabbage, avocado and cashew salad, recipe with photo:
1. Wash Chinese cabbage and dry with a paper towel. Chop the leaves into thin strips and place them in a deep salad bowl.
2. Wash the avocado, dry it, cut the fruit with a knife in a circle, bringing the knife to the bone. Cut the fruit in half by rolling the two halves in opposite directions. Remove the bone, cut the pulp into cubes (it is more convenient to do this right in the peel) and remove it with a spoon. Place the avocado pulp in a bowl of kale.
You can clearly see how to properly peel an avocado by reading a step-by-step recipe with a photo and finding it on our website. To do this, use the search string.
3. Wash the lemon, dry it and squeeze out the lemon juice, which is used to season the salad.
4. Season salad with olive oil, a pinch of salt and stir.
5. Place the salad in serving bowls or clear glasses or use halved avocado peels.
6. Sprinkle the cashew nuts on the Chinese cabbage salad and avocado and serve. If you do not serve the dish right away, then do not add the nuts, otherwise they will damp and lose their crunchy taste.
See also a video recipe on how to make a vitamin salad with avocado and Chinese cabbage.