A step-by-step recipe with a photo of making a quick universal custard at home. Cooking secrets. Video recipe.
The classic custard for impregnating cakes, eclairs and straws filling is very popular with housewives. The recipe refers to French cuisine and has always been renowned for its sophistication. The taste of this delicate and aromatic mass is familiar to everyone from childhood, and is especially popular with those with a sweet tooth.
There are many recipes for eggless custard, starch custard, butter custard, flourless custard, and more. Here's a quick and easy way to make it that I've been using for many years. It turns out the cream according to this recipe is tasty and soft, light and nutritious. It is prepared very quickly and does not require a lot of labor and expensive products.
According to this recipe, the cream at home is very tender and tasty. On its basis, I prepare absolutely all desserts: napoleon, honey cake, soak biscuit and wafer cakes, fill eclairs and tubes, custard cakes and tartlets. It is great for all treats and soaks well. So, we are preparing a quick universal custard at home.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 369 kcal.
- Servings - 1
- Cooking time - 30 minutes
- Milk - 500 ml
- Flour - 2 tablespoons without slide
- Salt - a pinch
- Butter - 30 g
- Vanillin - on the tip of a knife
- Sugar - 70 g
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
Step-by-step custard preparation:
1. Wash the eggs, break the shells and place the contents in an enamel saucepan with a thick bottom. Add sugar.
I recommend using a saucepan right away so as not to stain the dishes. First, beat all the products in a saucepan, and then send them to the stove to cook in it.
2. Beat eggs and sugar with a mixer until smooth and lemon-colored. Add a pinch of salt and whisk again.
3. Add the sifted flour to the egg mass and beat with a mixer until smooth.
4. Pour boiled and cooled milk into a saucepan with food. Milk should be at room temperature.
5. Beat the mixture with a mixer. You will not achieve a homogeneous mass, you should get a beaten egg mixture with fine sugar crumbs. The sugar will completely dissolve during the break of the cream.
6. Place a saucepan over medium heat. Do not make more fire.
If you were to beat the food in a bowl, then you would have to transfer the whole mass in a saucepan. This is inconvenient because you will have to stain the additional container, and when transferring, part of the cream will remain on the walls of the container.
Boil the future custard, stirring constantly, especially at the bottom of the pan, so that flour lumps do not form and the cream does not stick to the walls and bottom of the dishes. Do this regularly, without stopping for a minute. If we ignore the process, then the mass will go in lumps. Therefore, be careful and try to completely mix everything, lifting the cream from the bottom and from the walls.
It is better to stir the mass not with a spoon, but with a wooden or silicone spatula. It is more convenient to use a wide and flat paddle. It adheres perfectly to the bottom and sides of the pot. Therefore, it is much better to stir the cream with it to avoid the appearance of lumps.
7. As the cream heats up, it will thicken and begin to boil. As soon as it is brought to a boil, immediately remove the pan from the heat. Signs of its boiling - from the beginning along the edges of the pan, and then bursting bubbles will form over the entire surface, which leave small holes in their place.
When the cream boils, turn off the brew and remove the pan from the heat.But keep stirring it for another 5 minutes, since the cream is still hot and flour lumps may form in it. If necessary, strain it through a sieve to be sure there are no lumps in the mass.
8. For a scent and especially delicate taste, add vanilla to the hot cream, it will give an incredible aroma. Vanillin can be substituted for vanilla sugar. If you use non-fat milk, then be sure to add 30 g (50 g) of butter to the hot cream and beat everything with a mixer to dissolve the butter. I do not do this, because I am preparing a cream from homemade fat milk.
If a delicious custard is cooked for a filling in a cake or cake, then put 50 g of butter in the cream. For desserts, 20 g is enough. You can prepare custard without oil. Then it will turn out lighter, softer, less fatty and not so high in calories.
9. Beat the cream with a mixer for 5 minutes until a tender foam appears. When the fluffy, tender mass is ready, let the cream cool. Leave it at room temperature, and cover it with a lid or cling film to prevent crusting on the surface when cooled. When the cream has cooled, send it to the refrigerator to cool completely. It will get a little denser in the refrigerator. Then you can add various additives: grated chocolate, chocolate chips.