How to cook rice with green peas, egg and soy sauce in a frying pan at home. Nutritious dish and low calorie content. Step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
Usually we do not attach much importance to the side dish. Although very much in vain! After all, it can not only complement, but decorate and give novelty to an everyday dish. I suggest adding a zest to ordinary boiled rice, and preparing an appetizing and hearty simple dish in a hurry. Fried rice with egg, green peas and soy sauce is the perfect breakfast, lunch and dinner meal for the whole family. Ordinary classic rice will immediately acquire flavor completeness. He will definitely surprise all your household members. All available and budgetary ingredients are used, although you can modify a small set of them to your liking. What can be added to the recipe, I will tell you in the step-by-step recipe below.
For this recipe, you can use not only freshly cooked rice, but also leftover from the previous day. On the contrary, it is better to take yesterday's cereal, as it will be firm and crumbly. This rice turns out to be crumbly, not dry and very tasty. Try to cook this kind of Chinese-style rice, you will definitely love it. After all, now Asian cuisine is increasingly gaining its admirers. Such a dish will serve both as a main course and as a side dish, for example, for fried meat, chicken or cutlets. Although the dish can be used as an independent dish.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 205 kcal.
- Servings - 1
- Cooking time - 15 minutes, plus cooking time for rice
- Boiled rice - 100 g (for one serving)
- Green peas - 2-3 tablespoons (fresh or frozen)
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Chicken cheese egg - 1 pc.
- Soy sauce - 1-1, 5 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Salt - pinch or to taste
- Cilantro - a couple of twigs
Step by step cooking rice with green peas, egg and soy sauce in a pan:
1. Pour vegetable oil into a heavy-bottomed frying pan or wok and heat well. You can replace vegetable oil with butter or olive oil. You can also add chopped garlic clove to the pan with hot oil and fry, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes. Then remove it from the pan and discard it. He will give his taste and aroma to the dish.
2. Boil perfectly crumbly rice in advance until it is partially cooked. Al dente. To do this, I advise you to take steamed grains. Although long-grain, and even red or brown rice will be a very tasty dish. Soak the selected rice in cold water 1 hour before cooking, and then rinse with plenty of running water until it becomes transparent. Pour boiling water over the rice, in a ratio of 1: 3, where there is more water, because when cooking, the volume of rice will increase by 3 times. If desired, you can pour a little vegetable oil into a pot of water (1 tablespoon). Then the rice will not stick together and will remain crumbly. After boiling, simmer for 7 to 10 minutes over medium heat. At the end of cooking, season with salt to taste. But do not add a lot of salt, because the recipe also contains soy sauce, which is already salty, and there is a risk of oversalting the dish. Remove the cooked rice from heat, drain the excess liquid through a fine sieve and leave it to stand for 10 minutes, so that it "comes" slightly, and finally it "comes" already in the process of frying. It is important that you get crumbly rice, and not a glued porridge. If you want an unusual dish, you can add a pinch of spices while cooking.
Send the finished rice to a preheated frying pan, stir and fry slightly, for about a minute, so that the oil is completely absorbed into it.
3.Add green peas to the skillet. It can be either fresh or frozen. Remove the fresh from the pods, and the frozen one does not need to be defrosted beforehand. The only difference between them is that frozen food takes longer to cook. he still needs time to thaw.
Along with the peas, you can put frozen carrots, green beans or asparagus beans, corn grains, bell peppers and other vegetables in the pan. You can even put pieces of meat or chicken (boiled, fried, dried, smoked) or seafood.
4. Wash the cilantro, dry it with a paper towel and tear off the leaves from the twigs. Send them to the food pan. You can use frozen cilantro for the recipe. You do not need to defrost it, but immediately send it to the pan. You can also take any other greens of your choice instead of cilantro: parsley, basil, arugula, etc.
5. Pour the soy sauce into the skillet, stir and cover. Simmer the dish over low heat for 5 minutes. Add soy sauce as desired. You can also add an extra tablespoon of oyster sauce. It is quite thick, sweetish and very good in Asian dishes. Although it is quite possible to do without any sauces at all, and leave the rice with egg and peas. Then try the dish with salt, you may need to add it.
6. Spread the contents of the pan evenly over the entire bottom and pour in the egg (I have an egg weight of about 60 g). You can, if desired, beat the eggs lightly with a fork in a deep container, and then pour into the pan.
7. Turn heat to low and stir continuously until eggs are cooked. It is fried literally for a minute, if not less. As soon as the eggs coagulate and turn white, immediately turn off the heat. They must envelop every grain of grain.
Serve cooked rice with green peas, egg and soy sauce in a pan. Garnish with finely chopped green onion feathers or fragrant fresh herbs if desired.