Lean vegetable soup is eaten not only by vegetarians, but also by people who observe the fast. I think that this soup recipe will add to the culinary collection of this category of people.
- Cooking features
- Pros of lean soups
- Step by step cooking
Lean vegetable soups are always prepared quickly, they are tasty and light, and most importantly, they are very healthy. Most of these soups are prepared using the same technology, varying ingredients, reducing and increasing their quantity and replacing seasonings. Serving vegetable soup to the table, croutons or pies will be an ideal accompaniment.
Features of making lean soup
You can cook vegetable soups both in water and in a pre-prepared vegetable broth or broth. If desired, the soup can be thickened with cereals (rice, millet, rolled oats, semolina, buckwheat), noodles, noodles or dumplings and croutons. After adding cereals, more "delicate" vegetables are placed in the pan: tomatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, bell peppers, zucchini, pumpkin, green peas, eggplants, etc. At the end of the soup, seasonings are added: garlic, parsley, salt, green onions, dill … In addition, some vegetable soups are good chopped and mashed. Thus, by varying the seasonings and components of the soup, you can always get a new dish. The selection of products depends on your imagination and desire.
Pros of lean soups
- Quickly absorbed by the body;
- Stimulates digestion;
- Normalize blood pressure;
- Increase appetite;
- Puree soups are indicated for people with diabetes and stomach diseases.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 18 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 30 minutes
- Tomato - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Celery root - 250 g
- Brussels sprouts - 200 g
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Allspice peas - 5 pcs.
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper - to taste
Making lean vegetable soup
1. Cut the necessary piece from the celery root, peel it and scrape out all doubtful pits and pits. Then wash and cut into small cubes about 5-7 mm. Put the rest of the celery in the refrigerator.
2. Peel the onions, wash and also chop like celery? cubes of 5–7 mm. So that the onion does not pinch your eyes, periodically moisten the knife with cold water.
3. Peel the carrots, wash under running water and cut into the same size as the previous vegetables.
4. Brussels sprouts can be left whole, or you can chop finely, this is a matter of taste.
5. Wash the tomato and cut it into small cubes, keeping the proportion of the previous products.
6. Place all vegetables in a saucepan.
7. Fill all ingredients with water, add bay leaves, allspice peas, season with salt, black pepper and cook the soup until tender, about 20 minutes. Then you can serve it to the table.
See also the video recipe for lean vegetable soup with wheat grits: