A recipe with a photo of lentils with meat and aromatic spices of the East. A healthy, nutritious, satisfying and delicious dish. How best to cook it.
Contents of the recipe with a photo:
- Step by step cooking lentils with meat
- Video recipes
Lentils with meat are prepared like a thick soup. The recipe for cooking this dish goes back centuries. Lentils were known and revered in ancient Egypt and Babylon, it is known that even in those ancient times, this cereal was included in the diet of people from the lower strata. Aristocrats used it as a delicacy.
In Russia, there were a large number of recipes for preparing dishes from lentils, delicious porridge was cooked from it and even bread was baked. About lentil soup (stew) is also told in the Old Testament, in chapter 25 about the brothers Isaac and Esau. This story is about how one brother exchanged a bowl of lentil stew for the birthright, that is, he lost the opportunity to inherit the titles and wealth of his father.
The product is imported to our country from India, North Africa, and some European countries. And today there are a huge number of recipes for lentils with meat - both in the composition of the ingredients and in the method of preparation. These soups are prepared in meat and vegetable broths, from all types of meat and various vegetables. There are many cooking options, but the result is the same - a delicious soup, rich in vitamins and useful elements.
It has long been known that regular consumption of lentils in food strengthens the immune system, heals the cardiovascular system. Its composition is replete with all useful micro- and macroelements, such as iron, molybdenum, iodine, phosphorus, vitamins A, B, PP, E. Let's hurry up and prepare this tasty and healthy dish!
- Caloric content per 100 g - 110 kcal.
- Servings - 8
- Cooking time - 1 hour
- Lentils - 500 g
- Beef meat - 500 g
- Onions - 300 g
- Carrots - 300 g
- Potatoes - 200 g
- Tomatoes - 150 g
- Polished rice - 100 g
- Salt - 20 g
- Hot red pepper - 25 g
- Zira (cumin) - 15 g
- Sunflower oil - 100 g
Step by step cooking lentils with meat
1. Let's start the preparation of thick lentil soup by processing the meat. We will rinse it in cool running water, dry it with a napkin. Cut into small cubes.
2. Lightly fry the meat in hot oil in a thick-walled container like a cauldron for 1-2 minutes, then add a little water to it, cover the container with a lid and leave to simmer over a low fire. Free the onion from the husk, remove the skin from it, cut it into thin quarters and add to the meat. Stir, cover again and leave on fire.
3. Peel potatoes and carrots, it is convenient to do this with a special peeler.
4. Cut carrots into elongated bricks, potatoes into cubes. Put the chopped vegetables in a cauldron, mix everything. We spread the carrots and potatoes at the same time, in order to achieve the boiling of the latter, it should seem to dissolve in the frying.
5. Scald the tomatoes with boiling water, when the skin bursts on the fruits, you can peel them, cut them into cubes, and even better mash them to make tomato puree.
6. Sort out the lentils, rinse them several times, fill them with water so that the cereals are covered with liquid for two fingers, put them on fire. It needs to be slightly scalded so that the "greens" come out of it. After boiling, discard the lentils in a colander to glass the water.
7. Also rinse the rice thoroughly several times.
8. Add lentils and rice to the cauldron with fried vegetables, also add salt, hot pepper, cumin (cumin). The latter must first be crumpled between the palms so that the aroma “opens up”. Add either broth or boiling water to the cauldron, cover with a lid and leave to simmer over low heat.
nine. After 20 minutes, the cereals will be cooked, thick lentil soup is ready. Bon Appetit!
Rarely does anyone imagine a delicacy at the mention of lentil soup, and in vain. After all, lentils are delicious in winter in hearty hot soups, and in summer in great salads.
Video recipes for lentils with meat
1. How to cook lentils with meat:
2. Recipe for meat stew with lentils: