How to cook wheat porridge correctly? Rinse or Soak? On water or milk? Let's get acquainted with the ancient cereal and learn all the subtleties of cooking.
- Step by step cooking
- Video recipe
Wheat porridge is very beneficial for human health. But it is not so popular and not many modern families cook it in comparison with semolina, rice and oatmeal. Although it is a good side dish for meat and fish dishes. In addition, it can be made sweet with fruits, berries, candied fruits, nuts, chocolate, etc. Having eaten a portion of such porridge for breakfast, you will not feel hungry until lunchtime. It saturates well and energizes the body for the whole day.
Earlier I told you how to cook wheat porridge in water, and today we will look at how to do it in milk. The prepared dish turns out to be tasty, satisfying and healthy. In addition, it does not harm the figure, which is important for women. The recipe contains a minimum of products: cereals, milk and butter. Depending on the desired result, the porridge is flavored with salt or sugar. If desired, the last component is replaced with honey.
Before you start cooking, you need to know some of the nuances. First, the choice of cereals is a crucial moment. It should be of medium grinding, then the porridge will turn out to be tender and soft. Fine grinding during the cooking process can collect in a large lump, and the porridge does not turn out to be crumbly. Secondly, so that the cereal does not burn, use a saucepan with a thick bottom.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 136 kcal.
- Servings - 1
- Cooking time - 15 minutes
- Milk - 300 ml
- Wheat groats - 100 g
- Butter - 20 g
- Salt or sugar to taste
Step by step cooking wheat porridge in milk:
1. Sort out the wheat groats. If you do not want to do this, then buy it of the highest quality without unnecessary garbage and spoiled kernels. Rinse and place in a steaming pan. Although it is not necessary to wash the wheat grits.
2. Pour milk over the cereal, add salt or sugar, depending on whether the dish is sweet or salty. The amount of milk can vary. For example, to make the porridge crumbly, take 2.5 times more liquid by volume than cereals. For a thinner consistency, the ratio is 1: 4, thick - 1: 2.
3. Place the saucepan on the stove and turn on medium heat.
4. Bring the porridge to a boil: the milk will rise up as an airy foam. Then screw the temperature down to the minimum setting, close the pan with a lid and continue to cook the porridge for 15 minutes. During cooking, the porridge is not stirred.
5. When the cereal has absorbed all the milk and has increased in volume, remove the pan from the heat, wrap it with a warm towel and leave to rest for 15 minutes. Then put a piece of butter, stir and serve.
You can cook wheat porridge in the microwave. But then the cooking technique is a little different. Pour boiling water over the cereal and leave for 2 hours. Then drain the water and add milk. Place it in the microwave and cook on high power for 20 minutes.
See also the video recipe on how to cook milk wheat porridge.