Step-by-step recipe with a photo of pea soup with veal. Cooking technology. Peas soaking rules. Calorie content and benefits of the first course. Video recipe.
Pea soup with veal - a soup where the main ingredient is dried peas. This dish, in various variations, is a traditional dish in many countries. Pea soups are distinguished by their high nutritional value and taste, which is characteristic only of this type of first course. Although the taste of the soup depends not only on the broth, but also directly on the variety of peas that are used. Also, the color of the dish depends on the variety of peas, keep this in mind when choosing a product. You can cook the soup with whole or crushed peas. Usually peas are soaked for several hours before boiling. In this case, crushed peas are soaked as desired, and whole peas must be boiled well.
The base of the soup can be any broth. For example, a broth made from tender pork on the bone will turn out to be rich. The chicken broth will feel a little watery. Who prefers moderately lean, but spicy meat, smoked meats are suitable. With veal, the broth will be hearty, but dietary. Any dish is prepared quickly enough and very simply. But most of the cooking time is spent on creating a hearty broth. Moreover, in all cases, pea soup will be tasty and nutritious. It will appeal not only to adults, but also to children.
See also how to cook ribbed pea soup.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 329 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 2 hours 45 minutes
- Peas - 200 g
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Potatoes - 1-2 pcs. depending on the size
- Spices and herbs (any) - to taste
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Veal - 300 g
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Allspice peas - 4 pcs.
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
Step by step preparation of pea soup with veal, recipe with photo:
1. Wash the meat under running water, cut off the films with veins and cut into pieces of medium size. Place the veal in a cooking pot.
2. Fill the meat with drinking water and place on the stove to cook. After boiling, remove the formed foam from the surface of the broth, turn the heat to the minimum setting and cook the broth under the lid for 2 hours.
3. Half an hour before the broth is ready, put the peeled onion into a saucepan.
4. When the broth is ready, remove the onion from the pan, because she has already given up all her beneficial properties and vitamins, and is no longer needed in the dish.
5. Wash the peas thoroughly in cold water. You can do this several times, because Dust may accumulate in the product during storage. Transfer the washed peas to a deep bowl and cover with cold drinking water. The amount of water should be twice the volume of peas. Leave the peas for 3-4 hours to swell. At the same time, change the water 1-2 times so that it does not ferment. This is especially important in hot weather.
6. Then turn the peas into a sieve and rinse under running water. Peel the potatoes, wash and cut into medium sized pieces.
7. Send the peas to the stockpot. After boiling, cook it for 45-60 minutes.
8. Then add potatoes to the soup.
9. Season the soup with spices and herbs. I added dry ground vegetable spices: red bell pepper, adjika, garlic and green onions. But you can take any other set of spices to your taste. Also add allspice peas and bay leaves to the dish. Season with salt and black pepper.
10. Boil the soup until the potatoes and peas are done. The readiness of the dish may vary depending on the duration of the cooking.For example, peas can be heavily boiled, mashed, or slightly boiled.
Ready-made pea soup with veal is especially tasty to serve with garlic croutons, toasts or croutons.
See also the video recipe on how to make pea soup.