How to deliciously pickle salmon at home: a recipe with a photo and features of the choice of fish. Video recipes.
Salmon is a valuable commercial fish, a native of the Salmon family, which, when properly prepared, has an incredibly pleasant taste and serves as a source of nutrients for human health.
There are many options for how to pickle salmon at home. But not all of them can claim to create a healthy and tasty product. The recipe we have proposed allows you to salt salmon without heat treatment and the use of preservatives, so the fish retains all minerals, vitamins and other useful components. In addition to fresh fish, the list of ingredients includes salt and sugar.
Before pickling salmon, you should choose the highest quality and freshest carcass. Do not give preference to frozen fish, because it is not only less useful, but also loses its natural elasticity and beautiful shade. It is best to take a whole salmon. Immediately appreciate the head: its front part is pointed, the eyes are clear and transparent. The entire surface should be free of damage, mucus, yellow spots. The smell is mild marine. The meat is elastic and does not deform when pressed. The shade of pink is natural. Veins are white.
Next, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the recipe for salted fish with step-by-step photos - you can salt salmon in this way in a matter of hours, making it tasty and healthy.
See also how to pickle salmon in brine.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 195 kcal.
- Servings - 3
- Cooking time - 4 hours
- Salmon bellies - 350 g
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tablespoon
Step by step cooking of salted salmon
1. Before deliciously salting the salmon at home, we cut the fish carcass. Cut off the head, cut open the belly and remove all the insides. Next, remove the skin, cut off the fillets from the ridge and remove all the bones. Rinse and cut into medium sized pieces.
2. Place the prepared salmon in a large glass or plastic container. Sprinkle with sugar and salt. You can stir by hand or close the container with a lid and shake to mix the contents.
3. Next, put the container in a cool place and leave for 4 hours. During this time, it is well saturated with sugar and salt.
4. Delicious and healthy lightly salted red fish is ready! According to our recipe, pickling salmon at home is actually very simple. This product can be used for salads or served with boiled potatoes, rice or vegetables. Also in this form, fish is used for various snacks and sandwiches with croutons.
See also the video recipe:
1. Salt the bellies of the salmon