For those housewives who want to feed their family with delicious homemade cakes, while spending a little time, I propose an excellent recipe for puffs with apples from purchased dough.
- Step by step cooking
- Video recipe
When there is no time to engage in complex baking, while you want to make something tasty, you can quickly and simply "figure out" apple puffs from puff pastry. You can buy it now in any store. For such cases, many housewives store such dough in the refrigerator, because it often helps out in the most necessary moment.
You can use any filling for puffs. I prefer apples because they are commercially available all year round. Anyway, this is the most delicious and versatile fruit. Airy and tender apple puffs are created for a cozy family tea party. And the juicy and aromatic apple filling goes well with fluffy puff pastry. The recipe for these quick and tasty baked goods is so simple that any newbie to cooking can handle it.
Although, if desired, according to the same recipe, you can use steamed poppy seeds, grated cottage cheese, fresh fruits, preserves and jams as a filling. In addition, products can be formed not only in puffs, but also in rolls, bagels, envelopes and other shapes. Before serving, if desired, the baked goods are crushed with powdered sugar, flax seeds or sesame seeds. Any baked goods made from purchased frozen dough are not quite complicated and labor-consuming, while incredibly tasty and tender.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 150 kcal.
- Servings - 3
- Cooking time - 45 minutes
- Puff frozen dough - 300 g
- Apples - 3 pcs.
- Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Sugar to taste
Step-by-step recipe for making apple puffs from purchased dough:
1. Remove the dough from the freezer. Leave it at room temperature until completely thawed. At the same time, keep in mind that the dough cannot be re-frozen. Therefore, defrost the piece that you will be cooking. When the dough acquires a soft consistency, roll it out with a rolling pin into a thin sheet, which is cut into six even rectangular pieces. Place three of them on a baking sheet.
2. Wash the apples and pat dry with a towel. Remove the core with a special knife, and cut the pulp into half rings, which are placed on top of the dough pieces. Season the apples with ground cinnamon powder and add sugar if desired.
3. Make staggered cross-cuts on the remaining three sheets of dough.
4. Cover the apples with a sheet of dough. From above, the dough will stretch a little, and the fruit will be visible through the holes.
5. Brush the puffs with an egg or butter until they are golden brown. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and send the product to bake for 20-30 minutes.
6. Serve the finished puffs to the dessert table after cooling. If you wish, you can decorate them with something on top.
See also a video recipe on how to make apple puffs from ready-made puff pastry.