TOP 4 simple recipes with photos of rice dishes in post. Home cooking secrets. Video recipes.
When Great Lent comes, it is allowed to eat only vegetables, fruits, cereals and mushrooms. All believers at this time exclude all animal products from the diet. An exception is fish on certain days. One of the most delicious and satisfying lean dishes is rice dishes! Rice dishes are appetizing and moderately nutritious, it can be cereals, soups, lean cabbage rolls, salads, pies, and even dessert dishes. In this article, we will talk about what to cook the most delicious and simple rice dishes.
Secrets of cooking rice dishes
- In order for the rice to be crumbly in lean dishes, it must be rinsed well under cold water before cooking in order to get rid of the starch that imparts stickiness. Rinse the rice 5-7 times until the water becomes clear. This procedure is most conveniently performed with a fine sieve.
- However, in some dishes, like risotto, only glutinous rice is used. Then you shouldn't rinse it at all, or just rinse it.
- To cook the rice faster, pre-soak it for 30-60 minutes. Then the cooking time will be reduced by 2 times. In this case, reduce the amount of cooking water used.
- Usually, you need 2 times more water to cook rice. However, this is an approximate proportion, so measure the amount of water based on the type of rice. One norm of long grain rice requires 1.5 volumes of water; medium grain and steamed - 2; round grain - 2, 5; brown - 3; wild - 3, 5. Therefore, before cooking, read the instructions on the manufacturer's packaging. Measure the volume of rice and water with one measuring glass.
- It is better to cook rice in a bowl with a thick bottom. In it, the temperature is evenly distributed.
- The average cooking time for rice depends on the type. White rice takes 20 minutes, steamed rice 30 minutes, brown rice 40 minutes, wild rice 40-60 minutes. Remove the cooked rice from heat and leave covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Rice goes well with many spices. Therefore, its taste can be changed with saffron, curry, cardamom, cumin, cumin, cinnamon, cloves.
Lean rice with vegetables
An excellent option for a simple lean dish is rice with vegetables. The recipe can be varied by changing the composition of vegetables and adding various spices. A great option for a quick and healthy side dish in Fasting.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 123 kcal.
- Servings - 3
- Cooking time - 30 minutes
- Rice - 150 g
- Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon
- Green beans - 150 g
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Green peas (frozen) - 100 g
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.
Cooking Lean Rice with Vegetables:
- Peel the Bulgarian pepper from the seed box and cut into small cubes.
- Peel the carrots, wash and cut into cubes.
- Cut the green beans into smaller pieces.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet, send vegetables and sauté 15 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Then put the frozen peas in the pan without first defrosting. Season with salt and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes.
- Wash the rice and boil in salted water according to the instructions on the manufacturer's packaging.
- Discard the finished rice in a colander to drain the water and add to the pan to the vegetables.
- Stir all the ingredients and serve lean rice with vegetables as a main course or as a side dish.
Rice pudding with soy milk
Rice pudding is usually prepared with milk and butter and cream at the end of the preparation. But the suggested variant of the dish is lean, because instead of cow's milk, soy milk is used, which can be replaced with almond or rice.
- Arborio rice - 1 tbsp.
- Soy milk - 600 ml
- Brown sugar - 300 g for the pudding, 500 g for the sauce
- Vanilla sugar -1 tbsp.
- Salt - a pinch
- White sugar - for dusting
- Frozen cherries - 400 g
- Corn starch - 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon - a pinch
Making Soy Milk Rice Pudding:
- For the sauce, transfer the frozen cherries to a colander and defrost, retaining all the juice that flows out.
- Pour the released cherry juice into a saucepan, add cold water (1st tbsp.), Add sugar, boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and cherries to the saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water (1 tablespoon) and pour into cherry syrup. Stir so that there are no lumps, boil and boil so that it thickens a little. Remove the sauce from heat and cool.
- For pudding, boil 1 tbsp water with salt, add rice and cook over medium heat until it absorbs all the water.
- Then add brown and vanilla sugar to the rice, pour in the soy milk, boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice becomes soft and all the liquid is absorbed. This action will take approximately 35 minutes. Add more milk if necessary.
- Put the boiled rice in heat-resistant tins, sprinkle with white sugar and bake in a preheated oven to the maximum under the grill until a caramel crust forms.
- Serve the finished soy milk rice pudding with cherry sauce.
Stuffed vegetables are delicious, but making them takes a long time and is not very easy. Therefore, it is easier to use simplified technologies, especially when there is not enough time or laziness to cook. Lazy peppers … you don't need to stuff anything here, put everything in one pot and cook it.
- Round grain rice - 100 g
- Sweet peppers - 4 pcs.
- Onions - 4 pcs.
- Carrots - 4 pcs.
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons
- Tomatoes in their own juice - 800 g
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper - to taste
Cooking lazy peppers:
- Rinse the rice and fold it onto a sieve. Boil 1-1.5 liters of water in a saucepan, add salt and rice. Boil it almost until tender, about 15 minutes, and fold over a sieve.
- While the rice is cooking, peel the bell peppers from the seed box and cut into medium cubes. Peel the onion and cut into small pieces. Peel and grate the carrots. Crush the peeled garlic and chop finely.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the oil and send the onions. Saute it over medium heat for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add carrots to the onion and fry until golden brown for 10 minutes.
- Send the tomatoes along with the liquid to the pan and pour in 0.5 tbsp. water. Boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Send bell peppers to a saucepan, stir and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add rice, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the fire, and leave the lazy pepper to infuse under the lid for 10-15 minutes.
Lean cabbage rolls with rice and mushrooms
A bright and hearty side dish or main dish - lean cabbage rolls with rice and mushrooms can be prepared very quickly and easily. A side dish can become a staple dish for those who are fasting and prefer vegetable protein over animals.
- White cabbage - 1 pc.
- Rice - 250 g
- Champignons - 400 g
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 2 pcs.
- Olives - 100 g
- Salt to taste
- Mushroom seasoning - to taste
- Mayonnaise (lean) - 100 g
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper - to taste
Cooking lean cabbage rolls with rice and mushrooms:
- Cut the core of the head of cabbage, dip it in boiling salted water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then remove the top leaves and continue cooking for a couple of minutes. So gradually remove the leaves from the fork and cool them down.
- Boil rice in salted water until half cooked.
- Cut the champignons into small pieces and fry with onions in a pan in oil. Add the mushroom seasoning at the very end.
- Grate the carrots on a coarse grater and fry until golden brown. Cut the olives into rings. Combine all products and mix.
- Wrap the filling in the form of rolls in cabbage leaves and fry the cabbage rolls a little in vegetable oil.
- Fold them in an ovenproof dish, put some grated carrots on top and pour with mayonnaise, diluted with water until the consistency of sour cream.
- Simmer lean cabbage rolls with rice and mushrooms in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.