Would you like to know how to maintain the beauty and youthfulness of your facial skin? Check out the information below about the use of ylang-ylang oil in cosmetology and facial care. Ylang-ylang is a flowering dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the Annov family. It is used in aromatherapy, folk medicine, perfumery and cosmetology. In Indonesia, ylang-ylang flowers are used on a mandatory basis during religious ceremonies and weddings.
Ylang-ylang oil is obtained by distilling the yellow flowers of the plant with water vapor. The finished product has an intoxicating floral-sweet aroma, remotely resembling the smell of jasmine.
Benefits of Ylang Ylang Oil
- The body has a strong psychoemotional and antidepressant effect.
- The oil has adaptogenic properties, so it is one of the strong aphrodisiacs and helps to increase sex drive. In Indonesia, ylang-ylang petals are sprinkled on the bed of newlyweds.
- Essential oil has a strong calming and relaxing effect, so it helps to relieve tension and to cope with stress more easily.
- It has an anticonvulsant and anti-sclerotic effect.
- Helps get rid of insomnia, eliminate symptoms of chronic fatigue, anxiety.
- The pleasant scent of the oil promotes rapid calming, while stimulating intuition and the development of creativity.
- It is an effective remedy in the treatment of various skin diseases, promotes an increase in blood pressure, has an antiseptic effect, and a disturbed menstrual cycle normalizes.
Ylang Ylang oil for face
This essential oil is a universal remedy and can be used to care for any type of skin:
- helps with oily skin to several times reduce the intensity of sebum production, the problem of enlarged pores and blackheads is solved;
- irreplaceable when caring for problem skin, as it helps to get rid of acne and acne;
- ylang-ylang oil perfectly moisturizes dry skin, softens, prevents fading, slows down aging, the face becomes soft and smooth;
- it is recommended for use for the care of sensitive skin - it helps to relieve the feeling of itching, eliminates flaking and other problems.
Before using this or that essential oil, it must be remembered that they cannot be used in their pure form. Can be added to any cosmetics or natural base oils that suit your skin type. For one use, it will be enough to take only 2-3 drops of ylang-ylang oil. In terms of chemical composition, this remedy is a real storehouse of useful substances that have a complex effect on the skin:
- monoterpene alcohols have a disinfectant effect, help to remove inflammation, remove acne and acne;
- esters contribute to a significant improvement in the condition of the skin and appearance - the shade becomes natural, the relief is leveled;
- monoterpenes are natural antiseptics and tone up the skin, remove traces of fatigue;
- phenols have an effect on subcutaneous microcirculation;
- thanks to the action of organic acids, the skin is rejuvenated and protected from the negative effects of external factors (for example, sea water, ultraviolet rays, high or low temperatures, etc.).
Cosmetologists advise to regularly use ylang-ylang oil to care for any type of skin, due to which its positive effect is enhanced several times.
Rules for using ylang-ylang oil for the face
In order for the result from using this tool to be noticeable in the near future, you must adhere to the following tips:
- do not apply pure ylang-ylang oil to the skin, otherwise severe irritation or burns may appear;
- if the oil is used to obtain home cosmetics, you need to stop the choice only on the Extra variety;
- it is not always possible to add to store masks and creams, because it is not known what chemical reactions can occur, and how this will affect the condition of your skin;
- before use, you need to apply a little oil on the skin of the wrist and see the reaction - if there is no rash or redness, you can safely use it;
- it is allowed to add to homemade creams and masks, especially if natural ingredients are used, because the essential oil of ylang-ylang will increase the effect several times;
- the duration of the action of masks, which include essential oil, should not be more than half an hour;
- it is recommended to use a cotton swab to remove such masks;
- the best option for using masks with ylang-ylang oil 2 times a week, you should not do them more often;
- after 10 procedures, a break is taken for several weeks;
- homemade masks and face creams, which contain ylang-ylang essential oil, give the skin youth, natural color, beauty and freshness.
Ylang Ylang Mask Recipes
It is necessary to select a mask taking into account a specific problem that needs to be eliminated:
- Moisturizing. Take the pulp of an avocado and chop it. 1 tbsp. l. the resulting slurry is mixed with a few drops of ylang-ylang oil and 1 drop of rosewood oil. Instead of avocado, you can use banana, melon, or persimmon. The mask is applied to the skin, washed off after 20 minutes.
- Against acne and acne. Ylang-ylang oil (2-3 drops) is mixed with jojoba oil (1 tsp) and lemon ether (1 drop). All components are mixed and applied to clean skin, after 15 minutes you need to wash yourself with warm water, carefully removing the remaining oil.
- Anti-aging. Sour cream (1 tbsp) is mixed with olive oil (1 tbsp), oat flour (1 tbsp), honey (1 tsp), ylang-ylang oil (2-3 drops) are added … All components are mixed or whipped with a mixer. Instead of olive oil, you can use peach oil, thanks to which the effect of the mask will be much stronger. This recipe can also be used to remove wrinkles in the décolleté and neck area.
- Cleansing. 1 tsp sea salt is soaked in grape seed oil, then 1 drop of ylang-ylang oil is added. The composition lasts no more than 7 minutes on the skin, then it is washed off with warm water. In order for the procedure to have more effect, it is necessary to make a light massage.
- Anti-wrinkle. Egg white is taken, whipped well, 1 tbsp is added. l. liquid honey, 2 tbsp. l. natural yogurt (no dyes, fruit additives and flavors), 3 drops of ylang-ylang oil and lavender.
- Refreshing. Take 1 tbsp. l. jojoba oil, 1 tsp. sandalwood oil, 2 drops of ylang-ylang oil, 3 drops each of frankincense and vetiver oil. All components are mixed, the composition is applied to a clean face for 5-7 minutes.
- Against wilting. An apple is baked in the oven, 2 tbsp is taken. l. the resulting puree and mixed with 1 tsp. honey and 1 tsp. olive oil, 1 drop each of ylang-ylang and lavender oil is injected. The composition is applied to the face, washed off after 10 minutes with warm water.
- For freckles and pigmentation. Mix 1 egg yolk with 5 drops of jojoba oil, 2 drops of lavender oil, 1 drop of rose oil and 1 drop of lemon oil. All components are thoroughly mixed, and the oil mixture is applied to the skin for 7 minutes.
- Peeling. In a blender or coffee grinder, 2 tbsp is crushed. l.rice, add 4 drops of ylang-ylang and avocado oil. The composition is applied to a clean face, washed off after 10 minutes.
- Calming. Mixed 1 tbsp. l. peach oil with 7 drops of rose oil, 3 drops of ylang ylang oil and 3 drops of myrrh oil. This mask lasts for 10 minutes and helps to quickly relieve tension and relax muscles.
Contraindications to the use of ylang-ylang oil
Like all essential oils, ylang ylang has certain contraindications, which must be read in detail before using it. Otherwise, there may be unpleasant consequences. You must adhere to the following caveats:
- the oil cannot be used in large quantities, otherwise a strong feeling of nausea, dizziness, allergies and severe headache will appear;
- first, the product must be checked for individual intolerance;
- prohibited for use by pregnant women, with low blood pressure (hypotension), young children under 9 years of age.
Due to the fact that ylang-ylang oil has a specific and slightly pungent aroma, not everyone can use it. Many people get used to its aroma for a very long time, but other essential oils provoke the same effect. This product is very concentrated, so it must be used with great care and do not exceed the dosage indicated in the recipes. If a feeling of discomfort appears, it is necessary to wash it off the skin as soon as possible and refuse further use.
Helpful Tips for Using Ylang Ylang
Ylang-ylang oil is ideal for all skin types and is therefore one of the most sought-after cosmetic products today. The main feature of this tool is that it directly affects the production of sebum, regulates the functioning of the sebaceous glands. Hence, it will help solve many of the problems of oily skin.
With regular use of ylang-ylang oil, you can achieve:
- pores are narrowed;
- the problem of acne is eliminated;
- the ugly oily sheen is removed;
- with dry skin, there is an increase in the production of sebum;
- the skin is effectively moisturized at the cellular level;
- peeling stops;
- increased dryness of the skin is eliminated;
- small mimic wrinkles are smoothed.
During the cosmetic procedure, using ylang-ylang oil, a pleasant aroma will be inhaled, which will help get rid of the feeling of fear and relieve stress, a charge of positive energy is obtained, and self-esteem increases.
After 10-14 procedures, using masks containing ylang-ylang oil, take a short break, as the skin must rest. A month later, you can continue the course of cosmetic procedures, but not earlier. This remedy is one of the strong antibacterial oils, useful in the treatment of various skin diseases, the formation of which is associated with an inflammatory process (for example, eczema, dermatitis, dermatosis, purulent acne, etc.). Ylang Ylang Oil helps to strengthen tan and protect delicate skin from sun exposure, while rejuvenating and smoothing wrinkles.
Learn more about Ylang Ylang in this video: