Leftover meat products in the refrigerator! A familiar picture, isn't it? They will make a wonderful quick meat hodgepodge, the recipe of which will help you out more than once. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Solyanka is a traditional soup of Russian national cuisine with a masculine character. You can cook ancient food, which in ancient times was considered a truly rural dish, in a variety of ways. Of the huge number of her recipes, one does not exist. Today I propose to make an especially simple version of meat hodgepodge, which is prepared easily and quickly, while the result is unmatched! This rich soup is ideal for family meals at home. It saturates for a long time, attracts with an appetizing aroma and has excellent taste.
If you want to make a real "rich" hodgepodge, then pre-cook the meat broth from beef, veal, pork or from several types of meat, and also do not put potatoes in the soup. However, according to the proposed recipe, the soup is no less tasty and satisfying. The sour-salty taste of pickles and tomato paste gives piquancy to the first course. You can enhance its shade by adding a slice of lemon and a couple of olives to the plate. Several sprigs of basil will add additional aroma and delicate taste to the dish.
See also how to cook a prefabricated meat hodgepodge.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 285 kcal.
- Servings - 5
- Cooking time - 1 hour 15 minutes
- Chicken stomachs - 200 g
- Bay leaf - 1 pc.
- Lard trimmings with meat - 30 g
- Allspice peas - 3 pcs.
- Pickled cucumbers - 1 pc.
- Chicken hearts - 200 g
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Any greens - to taste
- Potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Tomato paste - 2 tablespoons
Step-by-step preparation of a quick meat hodgepodge, a recipe with a photo:
1. Wash chicken stomachs and hearts with cold running water. Place in a saucepan, fill with drinking water and place on the stove.
2. After boiling, reduce heat to the lowest setting, season with salt and cook, covered for 45 minutes.
3. Remove the prepared stomachs and hearts from the pan, rinse with running water and cut into medium-sized cubes.
4. Put chopped lard with meat streaks into the pan and melt. Then remove it from the pan, but do not discard it. Peel the carrots, wash and cut into cubes. Chop the pickles to the same size. Place food in a skillet and fry over medium heat until golden brown.
5. Peel the potatoes, wash, cut into slices and place in a cooking pot.
6. Fill it with drinking water and place it on the stove to cook.
7. After boiling, reduce the temperature to the lowest setting. Cover the pot with a lid and cook the potatoes for 5-7 minutes. Then add the fried bacon, carrots and pickles to the saucepan.
8. Next, season the soup with tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper, add bay leaves and allspice peas.
9. Send the boiled offal to the pan and cook a quick hodgepodge until tender. At the end of cooking, season the soup with chopped herbs.
See also a video recipe on how to cook a quick hodgepodge.