Soft, tender, fragrant pumpkin-ginger muffins with honey and oatmeal. With a rich honey flavor, ginger aroma and a magical note of cinnamon. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Yes, pumpkin again! These bright fruits are still sold in supermarkets, so you can enjoy interesting and tasty dishes with this unique vegetable. You can bake many great desserts from it, these are waffles, and biscuit, and brownies, and casseroles, and cookies, and rolls. The main beauty is that no eater will guess that the products contain pumpkin! This is exactly what will happen with these cupcakes. I suggest making for dessert, and for a simple snack - pumpkin-ginger muffins with honey and oatmeal. Delicate and bright, like little suns, they remain for several days. You can serve it for breakfast, eat on the go, take it with you to school, to work, to nature.
Baking is not difficult. The recipe is very simple and quick, and the ingredients can be found in any store. The sweetness of the baked goods can be adjusted to your liking. If you are lacking in sweetness, add more honey. However, add the amount of spices to your liking. Cupcakes are gluten-free and refined sugar-free, but are made with simple and affordable ingredients. I recommend taking nutmeg pumpkin. It is the sweetest, and the products with it are excellent. They are distinguished by their special gentle softness and undeniable benefits for the body. Instead of wheat flour, oatmeal is used here, which we all know from childhood, love and appreciate for its harmlessness, low calorie content and benefits.
See also how to make pumpkin muffins and cookies.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 396 kcal.
- Servings - 10
- Cooking time - 50 minutes
- Oat flakes - 200 g
- Ginger root (grated) - 2 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 30 ml
- Ground cinnamon - 0.5 tsp
- Honey - 3 tablespoons
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Kefir - 200 ml
- Pumpkin puree - 150 g
Step by step cooking pumpkin ginger muffins with honey and oatmeal, recipe with photo:
1. Place the oatmeal in a chopper and grind to a flour consistency. Although, if desired, you can add whole flakes to baked goods. You can also pre-dry them in a clean and dry frying pan. Then they will acquire the taste and smell of nuts, which will have a positive effect on the products.
2. Place the eggs in a bowl and beat with a mixer at high speed until they become airy, lemon-colored foam.
3. Introduce vegetable oil and honey into the egg mass. If the honey is thick, pre-melt it in a water bath or in a microwave oven. But do not bring it to a boil, otherwise some of the useful vitamins will be lost in it.
4. Beat the food with a mixer until soft foam. Add pumpkin puree and grated ginger root. If fresh ginger is not available, use 1 tsp. without a hill of ground seasoning. How to make pumpkin puree, you will find a step-by-step recipe with a photo on the pages of the site using the search bar.
5. Stir food and add oatmeal. Then add ground cinnamon.
6. Stir the food and leave the dough to infuse for 15 minutes. During this time, the flakes will swell a little and the dough will become denser.
7. Pour the dough into portioned muffin tins. If you are using iron containers, first grease them with a layer of fat. Silicone and paper molds do not need to be lubricated. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and send the pumpkin-ginger muffins with honey and oatmeal to bake for 20 minutes. Check readiness with a puncture of a wooden stick: there should be no sticking of dough on it. If not, bake them for more than 5 minutes and try again. Cool the finished baked goods, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve to the dessert table.
See also a video recipe on how to make pumpkin muffins with oatmeal.