Real homemade dumplings are a favorite food for many. Delicious small round dumplings with juicy meat filling … How to successfully knead the dough for dumplings and correctly make a juicy filling, read this article.
- Tricks of making dumplings
- Step by step cooking
- Video recipe
Who doesn't love homemade, juicy, delicious dumplings? In the old days, they were made by almost every housewife, tk. there was simply no way out: you need to feed your family, which means chop meat, knead dough, baked dumplings and cook dumplings. This is a real family dish, because whatever one may say, all family members take part in the process of making it. Although today homemade dumplings are a rarity and a civil feat of a modern woman, since it is a long and monotonous work. However, sometimes you manage to set aside time, and stick homemade dumplings on your family and for future use ….
Tricks of making dumplings
- Do not spare the onion, it adds juiciness to the minced meat.
- Add liquid to the minced meat, and it is water, not milk or cream.
- Minced meat should be slightly fatty. Therefore, if the meat is lean, then add twisted lard.
- Knead the minced meat thoroughly, and it is better to do it with your hands.
- To add juiciness to the minced meat, you can add crushed ice.
- Fans of a spicy taste can add garlic to the minced meat.
- The thinner the dough is rolled out, the tastier the dumplings are.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 275 kcal.
- Servings - 3.5-4 kg
- Cooking time - 15 minutes kneading the dough, 30 minutes curing the dough, 1, 5 hours making dumplings, 1 hour freezing dumplings
- Flour - 2, 5 tbsp.
- Drinking water - 1 tbsp.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Salt to taste
- Pork - 1 kg
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Drinking water - 50 ml
- Ground black pepper - pinch or to taste
Making homemade meat dumplings
1. Pour flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add salt and beat in eggs.
3. Add half serving of drinking water and start kneading the dough.
4. Then gradually add water and continue to knead the dough until you get a smooth and elastic dough. Since the flour is different for everyone, you may need more or less drinking water. That is why do not add the entire volume of liquid at once.
5. Wrap the dough with cling film and leave to lie down for half an hour.
6. Then cut the dough into equal 8 pieces. At the same time, cover the entire dough with plastic wrap so that while you work with one piece, the rest are not weathered.
7. Now get down to cooking minced meat. Wash and twist the meat. Peel the onion and also pass it through a meat grinder. Remove the husk from the garlic and pass through a press. Add salt and black pepper.
8. Mix ingredients well and pour in drinking cold water.
9. Stir the minced meat again until smooth.
10. Next, start sculpting dumplings. To speed up and simplify the work, take a dumpling maker, which you sprinkle with flour.
11. Divide a piece of dough into two parts and roll each of them thinly with a rolling pin, about 3 mm each. Put one sheet of dough on a mold.
12. In each cell of the form put a portion of minced meat, no more than 1 tsp. without a slide.
13. Cover the minced meat on top with a second sheet of dough.
14. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into shape so that both sheets are held together.
15. Remove the excess dough and turn the mold upside down so that the formed dumplings fall out. Then put them on a baking sheet or plate and send them to the freezer to freeze. After freezing, put the dumplings in a sturdy plastic bag and store in the freezer.
16. When it becomes necessary to cook dumplings, put drinking water into a saucepan, boil and lower 20-30 pcs. Boil them until they float to the surface of the water. Then remove them with a slotted spoon and put them on a plate.
17. Serve the dumplings hot, right after boiling with sour cream, butter, mustard, vinegar and other favorite sauces.
Advice: if you do not have such a dumpling maker, then roll out the dough, squeeze out the circles with a glass and fill them with minced meat. Staple them like dumplings, and then connect both ends to make a round dumpling, like a production dumpling.
See also a video recipe on how to make dumplings.