How to make an open puff pastry pie with sausage and cheese at home? Ingredient combinations, nutritional values and calories. Step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
Do you want a really hearty and quick dinner? Then this recipe is for you, where all your favorite ingredients are in one dish. Unsweetened open puff pastry pie with sausage and cheese only seems complicated at first glance. But once you cook it, the puff pastry pie recipe, like other puff pastry pastries, will become a regular dish on your home table. It can be cooked not only for dinner, but also for an afternoon snack. At lunchtime, a slice of such a pie will replace bread for the first course, and for breakfast - the usual sandwiches with sausage and cheese for a cup of tea. It is convenient to take the cake with you to take away: to work, on the road or to give to children at school.
Making a pie is very simple, like a pizza. At the same time, the result is a tender, crunchy and melting in the mouth base and delicious filling. Even an inexperienced housewife can handle these simple homemade cakes. A quick puff pie is made with cheese and sausage, so its taste is unusual and full-bodied. But you can bake it with any filling you like. Be sure to try this recipe, the pie is hearty and tasty, while not heavy.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 252 kcal.
- Servings - 6-8
- Cooking time - 1 hour
- Ready puff yeast-free dough - 300 g
- Milk or doctor's sausage - 250 g
- Sweet bell pepper - 1 pc.
- Hard cheese - 100 g
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Ketchup - 1, 5-2 tbsp
Step by step preparation of open puff pastry pie with sausage and cheese:
1. Prepare all foods. Peel the onions, wash and chop into thin quarter rings of about 3 mm. You can pickle the onions if you wish. To do this, sprinkle the chips with sugar, sprinkle with table vinegar or apple cider vinegar and stir. Leave it on for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Peel the garlic cloves and chop finely with a knife.
3. Cut the sausage into thin slices. If the sausage is wide, cut the slices into 2-4 pieces.
You can take not only dairy or doctor's sausage, but also good quality smoked sausage (cervelat, salami), ham, balyk.
4. Unpack the purchased yeast-free puff pastry and let it defrost at room temperature. Do not use a microwave oven for defrosting. When the dough becomes soft, place it on a work surface sprinkled with flour and roll it into a thin layer along the diameter of the baking sheet with a rolling pin. I have a dough thickness of 5 mm. Put the ketchup on the rolled dough and spread it evenly over the entire surface.
On the packaging of ready-made puff pastry from the store, manufacturers place recommendations on the method of preparation. Most often it says that the thawed dough must be rolled in one direction so as not to disrupt the structure of the dough. The thickness, however, is not indicated, but I would not recommend less than 3 mm. Although even if you don't roll it at all, nothing terrible will happen. The baked goods will be heavier and denser.
Today I used yeast-free puff pastry, which can now be purchased in almost every supermarket. But you can use puff yeast dough for the recipe. The result will be just as delicious.
5. Put chopped onion and garlic on the dough.
6. Spread a layer of sausage pieces on top.
7. Add bell peppers to the pie. I have it frozen.You don't need to do anything with this, put it on the cake directly in frozen form. If using fresh fruit, then cut off the stem, remove the seed box, cut off the inner partitions and cut into strips.
If you wish, you can put fried champignons, slices of fresh tomatoes, leaves of greens (cilantro, parsley, basil) on the pie, sprinkle with Provencal herbs to taste.
8. Grate the cheese on a coarse grater and sprinkle the piece with the products with cheese shavings. When baked, it will melt and form a ruddy, appetizing cheese crust. Place the open puff pastry pie with sausage and cheese in a preheated oven at 220 ° C for 10-15 minutes. Puff pastry should always be baked at a temperature of 220 to 250 degrees. The fat between the layers should boil quickly and then the dough will rise as luxuriantly as possible. And if the oven is hotter, then the outside of the filling can burn everything, but inside the dough has not yet been baked. Therefore, it is better to determine the willingness by appearance. When the dough is browned and the cheese is melted, the open layer cake is ready. Serve it right after baking, right now it is the most delicious.