The reasons why you want to eat at night. How harmful it is to health and appearance, why it is not necessary to do it. How to eat before bed and not get better. What foods are allowed and prohibited. Note! In order to avoid nighttime snacks, it is very important to create a calm environment around and psychologically tune in. If necessary, chewing gum is allowed to satisfy hunger.
What to eat at night so as not to gain weight
It can be both first and second courses, various side dishes, desserts and salads. All food should be not very fatty and preferably not floury. It is recommended to avoid foods with a lot of sugar and a high percentage of calories, as they can quickly recover from them. Dairy products, fish, nuts, fruits and vegetables deserve attention. Drinking, which effectively satisfies hunger, should not be ignored.
Here are some good foods to eat before bed:
- Fermented milk… The leader among them is low-fat kefir, followed by homemade milk, in which it is useful to add a spoonful of honey, cottage cheese and yogurt with berries. But it is better not to eat salted cheese for dinner, since it provokes the production of hydrochloric acid. The listed products improve the functioning of the digestive tract and normalize the outflow of bile.
- Nuts… Almonds, pistachios and peanuts are very high in protein, so they quickly suppress the urge to pounce on junk food. The same can be said for walnuts and hazelnuts. But this is only relevant if they are not salty or fried.
- Vegetables… Raw white cabbage and Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers will be useful here. All this is quickly digested and excreted without being transformed into fat. Such products even contribute to passive weight loss. They can be used individually or in combination to make salads.
- Fruits… A nourishing banana, pear, melon are the best for eating before bedtime. They are not heavy on the stomach, they are quickly digested and absorbed without causing any discomfort in the stomach. Eating fruits at night should be careful with diabetes mellitus, as they can increase blood glucose levels.
- Drink… Herbal or green tea, which has tonic and soothing properties, is excellent. It slows down the production of gastric juice, thereby preventing the desire to eat in the middle of the night.
- A fish… In no case should you fry it, it is best to cook or bake it in the oven. For a late dinner, salted salmon, steamed hake or cod cutlets, tuna fillets are ideal. Dried fish is not a very good option.
- Meat… The best choice is boiled veal, turkey or chicken breast. They are allowed to salt and pepper. You can make meatballs or cutlets from these products, which should be served with some kind of porridge that is not heavy for the stomach - oatmeal, buckwheat or wheat.
- Grocery… In the most extreme case, you can eat pasta at night, but only from whole grain flour and in small quantities. This is due to the fact that they contain a lot of gluten, which "clogs" the intestines and leads to bloating, which interferes with sleep.
- Eggs… This is a great dinner option! To satisfy your hunger, it is enough to eat 2-3 of them. in the form of an omelet or hard-boiled.
- Bread… It is advisable to replace the white loaf with a bran bun or buckwheat flour. In order not to harm your health, do not consume more than 2-3 slices in the evening.
- Sweets… If you want something tasty, you can eat a few spoons of jam or honey, some marmalade, marshmallow or marshmallow.From flour products, you should pay attention to biscuit biscuits.
The food should not be very hot and not too cold, otherwise the stomach will digest it for a long time. If you want some first courses, then you can stop at milk noodle soup, chicken broth without potatoes or borscht.
But all this does not in any way eliminate the need for water. Only one glass of her can give a feeling of satiety! Neither tea, nor juice, nor other drinks will give this feeling.
The main rule, if you want to eat at night, is not to get carried away with strong tea, coffee, flour and sweet, fatty, too spicy and salty. It is not recommended to combine too many foods at a time - it is enough to eat one fruit, vegetable or nut.
What foods can not be eaten at night
If the body still requires food, then you should not ignore it. You can eat at night without harm to health, for this you just need to exclude high-calorie and fatty foods. It is not allowed to add to the menu something that is difficult to digest and takes a long time to digest (fried, fatty, spicy, too salty and too much sweet). You should be especially careful with flour products, from which you can quickly recover.
The junk food list looks like this:
- Greens… It increases the amount of hydrochloric acid produced by the stomach, which negatively affects the lining of the stomach and can cause nausea. It is proven that it invigorates and does not allow you to fall asleep for a long time. We are talking about dill, parsley, lettuce, sorrel, spinach, arugula, etc.
- Coffee… This drink has active substances that excite the nervous system. Therefore, consuming it before bed increases the likelihood of insomnia. It is also dangerous because it increases appetite. It is also important here that under its influence the pressure rises sharply, and this causes headaches and the inability to fall asleep.
- Apples… They are harmful only for gastritis with high acidity. In this case, having eaten them in the evening, it is likely that stomach cramps, heartburn and nausea will begin to disturb.
- Pies… They are too heavy for the stomach and take a long time to digest, regardless of the type of filling. Especially they should not be eaten by patients with colitis and gastritis, ulcers.
- Spices… Red pepper, garlic, basil excite the central nervous system and keep you awake for a long time.
- Alcoholic drinks… Beer, wine, vodka, cognac should be drunk no later than 3-4 hours before going to bed. Otherwise, they will not allow you to properly relax and exacerbate the feeling of hunger.
- Carbonated drinks… We are talking not only about "Buratino" and other "fizzy", but also about cider, kvass and everything that has already fermented.
- Fast food… Eating fries, burgers, cheeseburgers and hamburgers before bed can lead to excess weight and metabolic disorders.
- Mayonnaise… It is too fatty and difficult to digest in the stomach. After its use, pain in the right hypochondrium, nausea, heartburn may disturb. It is also dangerous that it contains a lot of harmful additives.
How to avoid nighttime snacks - watch the video:
If you still doubt whether you can eat at night, then the answer is yes! But at the same time, you should not always resort to such practice, otherwise the body will quickly get used to it, and it will be very difficult to wean itself from emptying the refrigerator when you need to sleep.