Learn how to clean a plasticine stain at home and save your favorite item. This method of removing plasticine is recommended for natural and denim fabrics. To clean a product made of synthetic material, it is worth choosing a different method. It is not recommended to freeze silk.
How to remove plasticine from clothes by heating?
If the cold does not help clear the plasticine from the fabric, you can try to heat it up. However, in this case, everything must be done as quickly as possible so that the stain does not spread throughout the entire fabric:
- Prepare clean paper towels in advance (other highly absorbent materials can be used). Plain toilet paper is a great option.
- The product is laid out on a flat surface in one layer.
- A layer of paper is placed under the dirty part, which is also located on top.
- The iron heats up at minimum mode (you can set the "silk" function).
- The material is ironed, while constantly changing the napkins to clean ones. The clay will quickly absorb into the paper.
- Iron the fabric until the stain is completely gone.
- At the end, the product must be washed.
You cannot use a hair dryer to remove the stain, since the hot air stream will only melt the plasticine, and it will spread in different directions.
Using baking soda and soap to remove plasticine from clothes
Many housewives know about the unique properties of laundry soap, because it is a universal remedy that will help get rid of almost any type of pollution.
To remove plasticine from clothes, you need to use laundry soap in combination with baking soda:
- First, you need to carefully remove the remnants of plasticine from the fabric with a sharp knife.
- Then a concentrated soap solution is made - the soap is crushed on a grater, transferred to a small container and poured with boiling water.
- After the water has cooled down, the soiled item is placed in the liquid and left for about 2 hours.
- A brush with stiff bristles is taken and the area of contamination is wiped.
- After each movement of the fibers, the brushes must be cleaned with a paper towel.
- Thanks to this, the plasticine will not spread to other parts of the fabric.
- Then a thick gruel is made from soda and water, which is rubbed directly into the stain.
- The cleaning procedure should be carried out until the stain is completely removed.
- At the end, the product is washed in the usual way.
How to remove plasticine from clothes at home with vegetable oil?
If the previous methods did not help, you can use a simple vegetable oil. However, you need to act very carefully so as not to completely ruin the thing.
The cleaning procedure is carried out as follows:
- A small amount of vegetable oil is applied to the place of contamination.
- To prevent spreading of oil, you need to fold the fabric in such a way that a small depression is formed at the place of contamination.
- The oil is allowed to sit for about 2 hours.
- After the specified time, plasticine is removed with clean napkins.
- You need to try to soak the oil from the fabric with napkins.
- To remove any residual oil, you can use a dishwashing detergent that should be used right away.
- The place of contamination is well wiped off, after which the product is washed in the usual way.
Using kerosene to remove plasticine from clothes
Kerosene has been used for cleaning clothes for quite a long time. In addition, today on sale you can find refined kerosene, which does not have an unpleasant odor.
To remove plasticine from clothes, you need to proceed as follows:
- It is necessary to work with kerosene very carefully, as there is a risk of ruining the fabric.
- Kerosene can only be used for processing dry material.
- The product is placed on a flat surface.
- A cotton pad is moistened in kerosene, wrung out and applied to the place of contamination.
- After 5-10 minutes, the cotton pad is removed.
- Excess kerosene is soaked in a paper napkin.
- Before washing the item, wipe the spot with a lemon wedge.
- Washing powder should be replaced with dish detergent.
How to remove plasticine from clothes with ammonia?
If there are no special cleaning agents available for cleaning fabrics, you can use simple ammonia, which is found in almost every home. This tool will help you quickly remove a small plasticine stain:
- It is strictly forbidden to use this product in its pure form, therefore, ammonia is preliminarily diluted with a small amount of cold water - by 0.5 tbsp. liquid is taken 5 drops of the product.
- There are several ways to remove traces of plasticine - the place of pollution is wiped with a cotton pad, previously moistened in the solution, until the dirt completely disappears.
- You can also use another method - a cotton pad moistened with a solution is applied directly to the place of contamination and left for about half an hour.
- After the specified time, you need to thoroughly rinse the item in cold water, which will help remove the pungent smell of alcohol.
- At the end, the product must be washed using powder and conditioner.
Using a stain remover to remove plasticine from clothes at home
Home remedies are not always effective in removing color stains that can be left over from plasticine. In this case, you can use modern cleaning chemicals, for example, special stain removers.
To date, there are quite a few such tools, you need to carefully study the instructions before using:
- In most cases, a gel or powder is added to the water during the wash or used for soaking.
- Directly the place of pollution is wetted with warm water.
- According to the instructions, the stain remover is diluted and poured into the place of contamination.
- After 15–20 minutes, you need to wash the item thoroughly using the powder.
How to remove plasticine from white clothes?
Products made of light and white fabrics need careful care. That is why, when removing traces of plasticine, you must be extremely careful, since this material is very delicate and it is easy to spoil it:
- It is strictly forbidden to use whiteness and other cleaning agents that contain bleach. This solution will not bleach the material, but it will give the fabric an ugly yellow tint.
- It is recommended to use gentle agents - for example, hydrogen peroxide. The product gently whitens the stain, but the cleaning process will take a long time. First, the remains of plasticine are removed, after which a clean cloth is moistened with hydrogen peroxide and the stain is wiped. This procedure is repeated until the dirt is completely removed. At the end, the product is washed in the usual way.
- You can also use special oxygen bleach, which will help not only quickly remove the plasticine stain, but also will not spoil the thing.
How to remove plasticine stain on colored fabric?
- To clean delicate items, especially if there is a colored pattern on the fabric, use mild products. For example, a mixture of dishwashing detergent and baking soda can help deal with a clay stain.
- Combines the powder with the gel until a gel-like composition is obtained.
- The product is applied to the stain and left on for about 30 minutes.
- After the specified time, the place of contamination is wiped with a soft toothbrush.
- If necessary, a repeated cleaning procedure is carried out.
- After the stain is completely removed, the product must be washed in warm water.
If a plasticine stain appears on your favorite thing, you should not throw it away immediately, because at home you can use a variety of effective, and most importantly safe products that quickly clean the fabric. If none of the above methods helped, it is worth using a dry cleaning service.